Arriving at 7:30, tour at 8:30...

MamaParrotHead

We are arriving on the Conquest at 7:00 a.m. We need to meet charter at 8:30. Will it be hard to get a tender that early? We are taking our 3 kids 5 - 10 years with us. What time should we plan for breakfast and to try to get off. This is our first cruise and our charter is not through Carnival.

When we were on the Triumph, we booked a shore excursion from them so we'd be one of the first ones off the ship. We met in one of the smaller lounges and then were excorted to the tender area. Along the way, people joined our group and boarded with us. At no time did anyone ask for proof that we really had a ship excursion.

I don't know if they still do this, but I'd march down to the tender area and get on with whoever is boarding. If questioned, I'd just tell them you have an 8:30 excursion booked.

I do know why they do this (the priority tendering for those that purchased excursions through Carnival), but I disagree with this practice. You paid just as much for your cruise as those that are booking Carnival's excursions and I don't think they should get priority over the tenders.

Archived