Conquest Review 9/17/06

suzy1212

Hi Suzy, we didn't meet but I did see your door sign. Great cruise!!!

Mike, my parents (80 and 75) were with us on the Conquest. Mom has severe arthritis, has had knee replacement surgery, and has a bad back. I called Carnival a couple weeks before the cruise. When we got to the dock we asked a wheelchair. It was provided pretty quickly along with an attendant to push it. There were 5 of us in 2 cabins and they took all of us through a very short line for xray of carryons. Then they took us to I believe platinum checkin or possibly VIP (we are neither). No one else was there so they processed us there regardless. Then it was super easy to get onboard. Took hardly any time at all. Avoided all the lines. The wheelchair sat outside mom's room during the entire cruise and when she was too tired to walk we used it to take her to dinner.

Debarkation they told us to go to Alfred's Bar (Deck 4 I think) at 9 am and wait to be called. They had additional wheelchairs there too. By the end of a pretty active week my dad was hurting a bit too so they put him in a wheelchair too. Two attendants and the 3 of us carried the carryons. Got down to baggage and through customs real quick. We were first group called after self-assist.

This was the first time I have cruised with anyone who needs special assistance and Carnival went out of their way to assist in every way possible.

Don't know if you need this type of service but if you do it is available. Just ask.

Archived