Foolish to dive Belize and never set foot on the mainland?

cody_dingo

Hi All,

The wife and I are recently certified open water divers. From reading numerous posts on this board, it seems that Belize has little to offer except cave tubing and superb diving. Is this true? If it is and we had to choose between the two, we'd obviously choose the diving. I've also gathered that in Belize (unlike other ports) it is best to book the diving through the ship rather than independently. We're on the Carnival Miracle in Winter 2007 and we're still waiting on the diving excursions to pop up.

How great is the diving in Belize? Thanks so much! :D

Hola CD,

It is your vacation, dude. If you want to dive some of the best water in the world, do it. If you get a chance try to go to the Blue Hole. Do a Google and see why I want to dive it.

The mainland is not that impressive. Belize City looked poor and ill kempt. The streets were littered, the people poor, and from the bars on the windows, I would say that the place is not the safest for those that live there. It is a shame that only a select few make money off of the tourist trade.

Be sure to write a review when you return.

Hola CD,

It is your vacation, dude. If you want to dive some of the best water in the world, do it. If you get a chance try to go to the Blue Hole. Do a Google and see why I want to dive it.

The mainland is not that impressive. Belize City looked poor and ill kempt. The streets were littered, the people poor, and from the bars on the windows, I would say that the place is not the safest for those that live there. It is a shame that only a select few make money off of the tourist trade.

Be sure to write a review when you return.

Blue Hole looks amazing. Don't suppose you know any diver operators that would take us there?

Just a little FYI on the excursions "popping up," Carnival told us they don't have everything on there until 180 days out...we are now less than two months out and one of our stops Nassau only has one offering. This is our first time selling in Fall-Winter season and i'm wondering if they just don't offer as much. The ruins tour we wanted to take is also not being offered.

Archived