1 Day Sale - Upgrade & OBC!

1littlepiggy

I called my PVP and he told me I didn't qualify for an upgrade or OBC because I'm "inside the penalty period". :( So I waited a couple of hours, called the regular customer service # and was upgraded from an inside (4e at the price of a 4a) to an oceanview (6b) and received $90 OBC!!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

They have discount today and I asked my pvp to either upgrade or obc but she said samething that I am in inside penalty and since I was already upgraded to 4a to 5a when I was booked, she can't upgrade again to any regular oceanview. But she will ask her supervisor for OBC.

Did you contact 1-800-carnival??

I called my PVP yesterday. He switched my code from military to the one-day sale rate (exact same price, but I don't have to send in my DD-214 which I'm waiting to receive a copy of at the moment because I seem to have misplaced the original). Anyway, he offered the upgrade from 8A to 8C, but I have an aft cabin and didn't want to move unless I could get another aft cabin. Of course the 8C afts were already booked.

So I asked if an on board credit was possible since I didn't take the upgrade. He told me that it was allowed until two years ago when they stopped allowing that kind of thing all together. And when it happened, he was the first they called on the carpet, because he used to give too much away. But since others seem to get the OBC, I'm wondering if he isn't being a little disingenuous?

I got a free upgrade to the panorama deck during the last sale. The price is still the same. How does everyone get obc? Our cruise rate has not dropped since we booked in May. I'm happy with my room, just wondering how everyone gets the upgrade AND obc.

I got a free upgrade to the panorama deck during the last sale. The price is still the same. How does everyone get obc? Our cruise rate has not dropped since we booked in May. I'm happy with my room, just wondering how everyone gets the upgrade AND obc.

you usually don't get OBC until you have paid in full. If you still haven't reached the penalty phase then you just get your final bill adjusted downward to reflect the reduction.

I called my PVP yesterday. He switched my code from military to the one-day sale rate (exact same price, but I don't have to send in my DD-214 which I'm waiting to receive a copy of at the moment because I seem to have misplaced the original). Anyway, he offered the upgrade from 8A to 8C, but I have an aft cabin and didn't want to move unless I could get another aft cabin. Of course the 8C afts were already booked.

So I asked if an on board credit was possible since I didn't take the upgrade. He told me that it was allowed until two years ago when they stopped allowing that kind of thing all together. And when it happened, he was the first they called on the carpet, because he used to give too much away. But since others seem to get the OBC, I'm wondering if he isn't being a little disingenuous?

My BS meter just went way up. I was on the Carnival Fantast in June and got $382. OBC about 6 weeks before the cruise AFTER I had paid in full.

Maybe his agency stopped it but Carnival certainly did not.

Bill

I don't understand. In the fine print of the sales e-flyer, it states that it does not apply to exhisting booked cruises and you cannot cancell and rebook. How are you all getting it??

DOUBLE POST- SORRY.. Not even sure how it happened??

I don't understand. In the fine print of the sales e-flyer, it states that it does not apply to exhisting booked cruises and you cannot cancell and rebook. How are you all getting it??

Our TA booked our September 2007 cruise 3 days ago. I called our TA when I saw the sale today, and she was able to get us a $200 credit, and a 3 category upgrade (8A to 8D-Upper Deck to Lido Deck). Not sure how she did it, but we're thrilled! Be persistent-good luck!

I feel like a retard, I called my pvp today to see if I could get the $100 off and she explained to me that since I just booked it yesterday she gave it to me already and broke all the numbers down for me...duh...oh well please inform when there is another sale, I sure will be calling her again, trying to get every penny off since the cruise alone is costing me over $3k

In seeing today is the one day sale on carnival i called the 800 number and spoke to a pvp and once again was able to get the lower rate on my upcoming cruise $200 :cool:off so far i've gotten over $600:eek: off this cruise. Thank you CC because carnival seems to stop your email notifications of one day sales. :D

I checked mine also, but seems that we already got the better price when we booked. We got the past guest discount and upgrade from 8a to 8d for 949 pp. Now they want about 1150 for the 8a. So i am happy. I also looked for maybe a summer cruise but decided to wait. Does anyone have any input to booking for say July. We want to take the kids this time

thanks

Mel

My PVP's supervisor approved us OBC for $60, but not upgrade. Maybe it's because that ship is almost filled. I think when you talk to the Carnival, mentioning that you are a 'member of Cruisecritic' helps. My PVP said she also mentioned this to her supervisor as well.

Archived