yet ANOTHER question about dock v. tender

MamaParrotHead

At what point is it "locked" in, as to which a ship will be doing? I'm curious, if I see that our ship is "scheduled" to dock on this website Jaq posted http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Ship, is it certain? Or could/would if be possible that they'd change last minute? Can I go by what's in the Capers (delivered in our cabins the night before we pull into port)? We're just trying to figure out how much time we can squeeze out of good ol' Coz, once we get there. (Doing the "No Tender" ritual dance as I type this...I'm hopeful, as there's only one other ship in port that day).

Thanks!:D

At what point is it "locked" in, as to which a ship will be doing? I'm curious, if I see that our ship is "scheduled" to dock on this website Jaq posted http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Ship, is it certain? Or could/would if be possible that they'd change last minute? Can I go by what's in the Capers (delivered in our cabins the night before we pull into port)? We're just trying to figure out how much time we can squeeze out of good ol' Coz, once we get there. (Doing the "No Tender" ritual dance as I type this...I'm hopeful, as there's only one other ship in port that day).

Thanks!:D

Nothing is ever set in stone here in Cozumel - the cruiseship schedule we post weekly is from the Port Captain here in Cozumel - basically the plan - but as you know things don't always go as planned. Changes sometimes are caused by weather here or in other ports - ships arriving early - late etc.

So basically to answer your question - it's never "locked in".

Tendering really doesn't take that long considering the tenders hold over 300 people each -

Have a fun day!!

Cozumel Insider Jacq

Hey...come October 11th, I will SWIM if I have to ...to get there!!! LOL

Tendering is really no big deal. I think our tendering in Belize is going to be a little longer than normal...but most tendering ports are a breeze!!!

Tendering really doesn't take that long considering the tenders hold over 300 people each

The boat ride from the ship to the shore doesn't take long, but unfortunately tendering is much more than that. Unless you take a cruise ship excursion, you can plan on at least an hour delay in getting onto a tender. You may have to stand in a long line to get a tender ticket, then wait in a crowded public area to hear your number called. Assuming you line up early for your tender ticket, it could easily be a good two hours until you are standing on the dock in port. Then, most ships schedule their last tender 1/2 hour prior to the ship's departure. If you wait until the last minute to return, you'll have to stand in a long line to get on a tender. Prefer to eat on the ship since you've already paid for your meal there? That's another roundtrip tender ride--but at least you are unlikely to have long waits at lunch time!

And bigger tender ships help only somewhat. With large tenders, you needed fewer because they hold more people. You have less time spent jockeying tenders up to the ship & the dock. But because they can hold more people, they take longer to load and unload. Instead of waiting in line on the ship, you are sitting on the tender waiting.

Tendering cuts into our port days that are already pretty short. I'd prefer to spend my time (and more money!) in port, so I happen to think tendering is a big deal!

Archived