passport for Belize..for canadians

grayling111

We are canadian, and I was wondering if in Belize we have to go through customs and then need a passport. We have one 17yr old in our groups who doesn't have a passport, only a birthcertificate.

Carnival said she can get on the ship...that works, but she might not be able to get into Belize.

In the past, we have had to "hand in" our passports at the beginning of the cruise, then pick it up at the end. Our sail and sign card was all that was needed to get on/off the ship.

...so, do we need our passports in hand to go into Belize??

...and if we do, do we have to get them back from Carnival in the morning??

any info on this would be appreciated.

Hello.

I havent been to Belize yet, but it will be one of the stops on our upcoming cruise. I have done alot of research & while I have always had a passport ( so it was never an issue )...as soon as I saw your question, I felt I should give you the proper info.

I have bookmarked the Canadian Website for Travel info set up by our government. It has answers to all canadians travelling abroad, and it states that all canadians traveling to Belize require passport.

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/dest/report-en.asp?country=29000#8

Also...not sure if this child is yours or not, but if it is not, that can pose problems if you do not have proper identification in addition to a valid passport. You will find all information on the website..

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/consular_home-en.asp

hope that helps...

We are canadian, and I was wondering if in Belize we have to go through customs and then need a passport. We have one 17yr old in our groups who doesn't have a passport, only a birthcertificate.

Carnival said she can get on the ship...that works, but she might not be able to get into Belize.

In the past, we have had to "hand in" our passports at the beginning of the cruise, then pick it up at the end. Our sail and sign card was all that was needed to get on/off the ship.

...so, do we need our passports in hand to go into Belize??

...and if we do, do we have to get them back from Carnival in the morning??

any info on this would be appreciated.

Archived