Cruise Directors - who was your best

hipcruzr

Todd is leaving the Conquest?? NOOO!! I hope he comes back in May. We enjoyed him so much last April.My daughter will be very disappointed. Do you know who will take his place? We also liked Jorge Solano on the Elation..very funny guy..hehehe!

todd is on vacation either this week or next, mark price is coming over from glory to take over conquest for 4 months. todd will be on vacation then will take over liberty once john heald goes on vaction in november.. take it to thebank:)

john heald is still my number 1 other good ones are ken rush rccl, matt baker rccl now ncl, corey and greg were outstanding so was graham seymour

We have had fill-in CD's for 2 of the 3 Cruises we have taken. These second bananas were better than the "Pro" Brett Alans.

Carlo Lombard was on the Glory. Witty, Full of energy, I'd sail with him again in a heartbeat. His only problem was it seemed that he was thrust into the CD posistion and had to borrow his suits. They were a few sizes to big. I wonder where Carlo is now ?

Jen Baxter was on the Legend while Brett Alans was headed for the Valor. I've never seen a bad word about her.She was awesome.

Now for a twist. We had a young married couple as social hosts on the Legend. Andrew and Julia. They would be a great pick for our "Not quite the CD" Cruises. Where are they now ? Any sightings?

SOTADRAGON---Did you get to read "Devils in the Deep Blue Sea" yet ? I thought it was a great book about the nuts and bolts of the Cruise industry. A must read for us cruise addicts.

We cruised on the Carnival Triumph in Sept. of 2000 (this was our wedding cruise as we were married on the ship in Miami). Our Cruise Director was John Heald. He was great.

We (my DW and I) cruised on the Carnival Conquest from the Big Easy on Sept. 14. 2003, loved the cruise as well as the Cruise Director (Corey Schmidt). We found out he has left Carnival - is this true? Does anyone know where he is?????

We were on the Carnival Glory on its Eastern Caribbean cruise this September 16th., and then we had Mark Price as Cruise Director. He was great as well.

Really can't say anything bad about them, they were all great in their own way.

Our favorite was Corey on the Conquest.

I liked his bird show (which I heard he took the show to Vegas).

But was so great about Corey was that he acknowledged passengers. He always said "Hi . . . Enjoying yourselves?" etc.

He was a really friendly cruise director. I really liked that.

This one is easy. Two years ago, Navigator of the Seas, Ken Rush. The worst? Brett Allans on the Carnival Legend. The difference between the two was like night and day. I really loved Ken and absolutely hated Brett.

SOTADRAGON---Did you get to read "Devils in the Deep Blue Sea" yet ? I thought it was a great book about the nuts and bolts of the Cruise industry. A must read for us cruise addicts.

I'm borrowing it from the library right now, but I haven't had a chance to start reading yet. Hopefully I'll get to start tonight or tomorrow. :) I can renew it up to 3 times for 21 days each time, so I should have plenty of time to read it.

I'm borrowing it from the library right now, but I haven't had a chance to start reading yet. Hopefully I'll get to start tonight or tomorrow. :) I can renew it up to 3 times for 21 days each time, so I should have plenty of time to read it.

Enjoy. I had a hard time putting it down. It's amazing how a guy basically took a tiny ship on borrowed time and money and turned into a billion dollar enterprise and how the the other lines developed into what they are today.

Please let us know what you think when you finish. Perhaps we can start a thread on it.(And watch it get moved to the Floataway Lounge):D :D :D

I would have to say Wee Jimmy on the Pride. He is, hands down, the most memorable CD. He's a true character and can make even the most mundane things funny. I'll always remember (sorry, I just have to write this) when he played a stripper during the "cruise line is it anyway" game...he started stripping on stage, then gave a male passenger a lap dance. I love you Weeeeee Jimmy!!!

We had Wee Jimmy in may on the Senastion he was great and funny, also have chris on the miracle first of sept he was ok, very nice guy... who is the Cd on the Glory, i have that cruise in about 40 days.....

Hey Cruiser for life. Are you packed and ready for the Glory? I put all the junk I will take again on Victory in laundry basket so I am ready in a few weeks.

I have to agree Chris did a good job. We also had a great CC group.

Can not beleive how many of us from that group have up coming cruises.

Bye Debbie

John Heald is the best!! I have sailed with him several times, but the best was on the Triumph. I was crying I was laughing so hard at the bed time story. He is HILARIOUS!! (and not cheesy at all)

I also love Wee Jimmy, who was on the Triumph with him at that time.

I absolutely hated the guy on the Conquest on our honeymoon. (August 22, 2004). He looked like a bobble head, and was the cheesiest person I have ever seen.

I have only been on one cruse so far - The Conquest on 9/17/06. Our CD Was Todd Wittmer. He was hilarious!!! I had a blast with Deal or No Deal Bingo and The Newlywed Not So Newlywed Game.

The assistant cruise director Pete was awesome!!!! I will never think of the number six the same way again. Anyone know anything about him???

The worst we have had was as good as the best we have had. They've all been the same to me. Same jokes,same stories, same games,same at pushing the company services and products with constant intercom garbage(and must attend meetings). Can't blame them for any of it. It's their job, but I would much rather see the shows and guest entertainers. I love cruising with Carnival and I have a great time no matter who is the CD. I've always thought that Cosmo Kramer would make a great CD.

Archived