Is owner's suite on POA too windy to actually use

stuNYC

I recently booked an owners suite on the POA for 12/5 sailing. Reading posts it appears to be too windy to use and not very private. Any first hand experiences would be appreciated.

What are the amenities? I couldn't get NCL to provide wheelchair to take off the ship and I sure don't want to take one with us. My wife only needs it for long distances. Only line that would do it is Celebrity

Also what are the seas and weather like in early Dec. As you can see I tend to be a worry wart

Hi-just got back from the June20-July2nd POA voyage.

The deck is a little windy but not bad at all. We were on deck 8. A lot of balcony is over 1/2 covered. The rest is open. Hot tub and dining area is under cover. We had our lounge chairs out in sun. People above you can see you when you are out against the railing. They have the nice white terry-lined robes to use in the rooms so I never felt bad walking out in the mornings with my coffee cup to take pictures or just enjoy the views.

Hot tubs on deck 8 are much larger than the ones on deck 9 if that matters to you and you definitely need to use the wooden table/stool to climb into the tub.

Fridge is stocked by your butler with your favorite sodas and mixers. Just let them know- Chris and Ryan are dolls and if we got low on diet Coke, we just mentioned it and they were restocked. You can order a full (not continental) breakfast in your room and ours always arrived within minutes of our requested time. You also can order your lunches and dinners from the main dining rooms to be served in your room too from your butler (during dining room times) and they will provide items for small cocktail parties with enough notice. You can also order from the specialty restaurants to be served in your room but you will still have to pay the specialty restaurant fees. You also get 3 bottles of liquor included (not wine) with Owner's Suites and they have a nice list to choose from.

Not sure how wheelchair accessible the room is since ours was a reg. owner's suite.

I have pictures of the room that I can email you- let me know your email address and if you want them. Nancy

Nancy

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!!!!!!! My email adress is sgoldshe@cognizant.com. We will be in 8201. Is the view as wonderful as I imagine?

Any other amenities. I usually get my wife flowers and a bottle of champagne.

as a bon voyage present. I don't want to order them, if they are complimentary.

What services does the concierge provide? Do you get priority reservations in specialty restaurants, or on excursions.

I really appreciate your sharing. I hope that you had a wonderful cruise!!!!

View is magnificent! Hope you both got all my room pix. I had to sent them in 6 emails-sorry.

There were 2 large flower arrangements in the room when we arrived and champagne. I had also pre-ordered a few bottles of red and white wines as Father's Day presents for my husband since we left on Father's Day June 20th.

They greeted us with flower leis and shell leis for men when we boarded in SF. I would imagine they would carry on the tradition but not sure.

Conceirge will give you Priority Tender tickets (I think we only tendered in 1 port). He can also usually get you into the Speciality Restaurants if call him and are open to a couple times. They had a VIP cocktail party and we attended. (Not sure if that is all cruises.) His name is Al and he was great. You will also like your Butlers, Ryan and Chris. Poor guys- 2 butlers to serve all 14 suites on 3 decks and 6 rooms at opposite ends, but they did a great job. Nathan and Katherine (or Kathleen, sorry already confused names) were are room stewards and the room was always spotless. Patti, the Cruise Director was awesome-so much energy!

Hope it helps! I had a blast, some others didn't like the cruise but it is what you make it. I met so many nice friends and we just had a blast.

Archived