Sailing on Victory out of Norfolk...how early can we board?

sthrnbelle

We did a two-day cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk two years ago and there were no passengers getting off when we got on, and none getting on when we got off - the ship was transitioning down to Florida. We showed up at 10:30 and got right on line. Not much was ready for us on the ship, but we were aboard. And of course, you have to haul your own luggage aboard, on a CTN...

I'm not at all sure this would apply for a six day cruise to anywhere...

Not sure about the shuttle situation, I was actually asking for my aunt. When we sailed out of Norfolk last year we were dropped off and since it was my first cruise and I hadn't yet heard about this board, I had no idea I could board before the listed time. There are signs to the parking lot once you get off the interstate though.

I am not worried about finding my way there. I think we should get someone to drop us off but my friends think that they will end up "waiting" for a ride after getting off the ship. My feeling is who really wants to get off until you have to? Cell phones will work by then so just sit back and relax until its time to get off. Just my two cents lol.

My parents have sailed out of Norfolk frequently and I always drop them off and pick them up. They use their cell phone to call when they finishing breakfast and ready to disembark. It's about a 25 minute drive from my house. I call them when I get close to see how they are moving through customs. If they're ready, I pick them up in the circular drive area in front of the terminal area, if not, I park on the street right across (by the world trade cener) and wait for them to come out. It's usually easier for them to cross the street than for me to get in the circular drive. Security will not let you sit and wait in that area. They keep you moving.

Archived