Princess Idol Winner Diamond Coastal Sept 16

remydiva

Just off the Pacific Coastal repositioning cruise Sept 16-23. The 'winner' of the Princess Idol 'contest' was a gal named Sharon who ended up wowing the packed Princess Theatre on the final nite with Whitney Houston's 'The Bodyguard' song ? 'I will always love you'.

I thought Tim (the assistant/deputy/senior CD) comment of 'I always said that you should only sing a Celine Dion or Whitney Houston song if you WERE Celine Dion or Whitney Houston. Tonite, I stand corrected.' was very apt. She was sensational. She said she didn't sing professionally, just sang in church. She got my vote.

Second place Doug B the Roy Orbison 'Dream Woman' rendition was outstanding as well and deserved the special nod of recognition he got.

Loved Laura from the CD staff's accent introducing the two Dougs when she said 'Now, give it up for DUHG!'. A great week with lots of laffs and some pretty darn good singing. Too bad Clyde from Hawaii, didn't go into the actual contest. Great voice too.

You are all brave souls for getting up on stage and giving it a whirl. Best I could do was sit back and order a Monte Chocso each nite!

Thank you for your perspective on the Princess Idol competition.

Although, I AM NOT the Sharon that won on your cruise nor was I even on your cruise, my husband was the runner up on our Golden Princess cruise in Oct 2004. He sang Unchained Melody to perfection. He also was asked to sing with the Pool Band one afternoon. The lady that won also had a magnificent voice and sang Celine Dion. Princess provides a champagne reception after the show for the winners and we felt like celebrities!:) On our flight home from Puerto Rico, we were even recognized on the plane and congratulated by fellow passengers. It certainly made a lasting impression and to this day NO CRUISE line compares with the way Princess does their shows.

Hey, Sharon-I am also from Chattanooga, TN. Hixson, to be exact. What part of Chatta or Ga are you from? Nice to see a fellow "Southern" on the CC Board with me!! We just sailed the CB 9-9-06 and had a great cruise!!

The internet is a wonderful thing isn't it?:) We know the Hixson area well.

We live in East Ridge, just inside the Georgia state line. When we were on our Golden Cruise we chatted with a couple at the pool and found out that he was a teacher at East Ridge High School....We own a business in East Ridge and they had been to our business. It was funny that we didn't know each other but met in the Southern Caribbean.:)

Archived