Called Norwegian and they said AB Penthouse's Don't Get Priority Embarkation

Ari939

I called NCL to ask if my aunt would be allowed to go through priority embarkation with us even though she didnt have a suite on the Dawn, but was arriving in the same limo. NCL than told us we don't get priority embarkation. They said both my family and my aunt's would only start to be able to check in at around 1PM. From what I read on here everyone has been saying that suite holders have a special waiting area and get pritority embarkation. Did I miss understand everyone? I plan on calling later today again to try to talk to someone else at NCL, maybe I wasnt clear about my question. Thanks in advance.

What is wrong with you. You have been here long enough to know if you have a question ask here. You have a much better chance of getting the correct answer then from a reservation agent they may have never seen an ship but knows how to book a cruise.

AB passengers get VIP embarkation and if you ask nicely they may let your aunt join you.

I called NCL to ask if my aunt would be allowed to go through priority embarkation with us even though she didnt have a suite on the Dawn, but was arriving in the same limo. NCL than told us we don't get priority embarkation. They said both my family and my aunt's would only start to be able to check in at around 1PM. From what I read on here everyone has been saying that suite holders have a special waiting area and get pritority embarkation. Did I miss understand everyone? I plan on calling later today again to try to talk to someone else at NCL, maybe I wasnt clear about my question. Thanks in advance.

You get VIP embarkation at the pier in NYC. Garden Villa, AA, AB, AC, AD & AE get VIP treatment. The concierge has your cabin cards and he gives them to you, before you board the ship. They are not at the checkin like the rest of the passengers cards are. There is a separate waiting area for you & he will meet you there.

Just another note, the people checking you in, are NOT NCL employees, they work for the another company.

Your aunt will get her card at the checkin station, then have her sit with you in the VIP area. Just says, she's with us!!!!

Dont drive yourself nuts over this. Cruising is supposed to be realxing & fun.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

As penthouse passengers, we walked past the long line of folks waiting for check-in. There was a concierge there and we handed him our tickets. He opened a corded area and invited us in. There were seats lined up and we sat. Then the butler came up and offered us drinks. This was followed shortly by little cakes.

We just finished our nibblies when the concierge called us to the counter where we were checked in. I don't remember if the concierge or butler took us to our room.

I think the NCL rep doesn't know from squat. When you arrive, just walk right up to the front, take your aunt with you. The concierge will tell you whant to do.

Above all--- enjoy yourself! No worries.

What is wrong with you. You have been here long enough to know if you have a question ask here. You have a much better chance of getting the correct answer then from a reservation agent they may have never seen an ship but knows how to book a cruise.

AB passengers get VIP embarkation and if you ask nicely they may let your aunt join you.

LOL - some never learn..:) if it wasn't for shoreguy I wouldn't be sailing with NCL...

Shoreguy is the man. I am going to enjoy cruising him in December. I feel so honored. Between what I learned here and am sure will learn in person, perhaps one day, I can know 1/3 of what he knows about NCL.

I read this post and started to get worried, but alas all is well. Never fear when Shoreguy is here.

Shoreguy is the man. I am going to enjoy cruising him in December. I feel so honored. Between what I learned here and am sure will learn in person, perhaps one day, I can know 1/3 of what he knows about NCL.

I read this post and started to get worried, but alas all is well. Never fear when Shoreguy is here.

Well, when you have 15k posts you better know something, or I would be worried ;)

What is with these NCL Agents! They don't know the details and then they give you ATTITUDE when you tell them something different.

Here's my stupid NCL Agent story for the week. We just booked a cruise on the Jewel for February. I booked two adjoining mini suites, one for me and dh and the other form my daughters and MIL. We got the cabin number assignments and looked them up online to make sure these were what we wanted with her on the line. So I make the reservation thru NCL, we get what I thought was a fabulous rate, the agent ACTS like she knows what she is doing and goes on and on that I got this great rate because I am a lattitudes member and because this week in February really isn't a popular week. I think great.

So the next day I get my confirmation e-mail and the idiot doesn't put us in two adjoining cabins. Instead she books us all in the SAME one! Five people in one mini suite is probably do able but not for us. This is so clearly not what we were all talking about. We specifically chose the cabin numbers - ADJOINING and all. So we have to call NCL back and my dh has to argue this out with yet another stupid agent to get this straight.

So then I called Expedia to book the exact same cruise. I probably even paid more money than I should have but the expedia agent knew what he was doing. Now I have to figure out how to pay with my MBNA credits thru Expedia. My dh is ready to clip up our Mastercard over this mistake. If the planning were left to him he wouldn't even have checked the confirmation e-mail until probably a month before the sail date. I am sure lots of innocent unsuspecting NCL CUSTOMERS get this treatment and hassle from those stupid NCL Agents.

From my experiences NCL has really made a significant decline in many areas. I can't say it really is my cruiseline of choice. I will continue to cruise here as long as I still have points but I will seriously consider RCCL and their reward point system after this next cruise. I've cruised with RCCL before too and never felt bullied the way I am feeling about NCL.

I'm glad you got your answer from the CUSTOMERS of this fine company@

We should all start giving glowing reports for shoreguy on the comment cards we fill out the last day on board. Could you see the confusion of those who read them if they don't see this board "who is this shoreguy?". LOL

-Monte

We should all start giving glowing reports for shoreguy on the comment cards we fill out the last day on board. Could you see the confusion of those who read them if they don't see this board "who is this shoreguy?". LOL

-Monte

LMAO - that is very funny -

The reason I picked NCL was because of shoreguy - I sail in about 35 days and shoreguy is going in my comment card.

Do passengers in an AF mini-suite get priority, too.

Sorry to say....Nope! The only thing you get is a tub and a cabin that is about 5 inches bigger than a regular balcony room. I am exagerating of course but you get my point. ;)

The only thing you get is a tub and a cabin that is about 5 inches bigger than a regular balcony room. I am exagerating of course but you get my point.

That's sad.

I booked a mini-suite in hopes it would be a llittle bigger and with the balcony, I could throw the kids out there if they misbehave.

Uneami was mistaken -- you get more than 5" more... you get 5.5" -- I know because I measured. It was exactly 5" plus my big toe. I sure did need that extra room. I used every inch of it too.

Ginny....tell me you are kidding? You actually measured it? You mean I was close with 5". I was just kidding when I wrote that. If you are right then that is pretty sad. :( All that extra money for 5" !!!:rolleyes: Yikes! Makes me glad we booked the "Penthouse Suite" this time around. At least we get a whole 7 inches more with that. :D

I was just skimming thru & now I have a question. I am booked on the Dawn on 11/5. Originally booked a mini suite but received an upgrade last weekend to an AC. Paid on Monday and got my confirmation. So our cruise docs came on Wed or Thurs and has our old room on it. So I called NCL to see if we'll get new ones and he told me no....just cross out the room number on the luggage tags and put our new number on. ?????? Now I've read that we'll get priority embarkation with our new room but will they give me a hard time with tags that are crossed out and handwritten in? Thanks for any help if you have it!!!

I was just skimming thru & now I have a question. I am booked on the Dawn on 11/5. Originally booked a mini suite but received an upgrade last weekend to an AC. Paid on Monday and got my confirmation. So our cruise docs came on Wed or Thurs and has our old room on it. So I called NCL to see if we'll get new ones and he told me no....just cross out the room number on the luggage tags and put our new number on. ?????? Now I've read that we'll get priority embarkation with our new room but will they give me a hard time with tags that are crossed out and handwritten in? Thanks for any help if you have it!!!
No, you won't have a hard time. usually, I try to upsell, so I do this all the time.

Either cross out old #, write in new #; or, have the porters put the tags on your luggage at the pier (I haven't had the porters do this...Shoreguy says the porters are fast!).

Have a great cruise.

Same thing with us. We were wondering the same thing. We went from a Mini-Suite AF to a Penthouse AB. They told us just to change them too.

Same thing with us. We were wondering the same thing. We went from a Mini-Suite AF to a Penthouse AB. They told us just to change them too.

Much easier to have the porters put a new tag on the bag. You should have an updated confirmation with the new upgraded cabin # bring it. You should have no problem and be listed on the manifest in the penthouse.

Much easier to have the porters put a new tag on the bag. .

Oh my goodness, Shoreguy is spoiled! After all, how hard is it to line out an old cabin number and write in a new one? ;)

Just kidding. Whatever floats your boat.

-Monte

Oh my goodness, Shoreguy is spoiled! After all, how hard is it to line out an old cabin number and write in a new one? ;)

Just kidding. Whatever floats your boat.

-Monte

Then you have to change aft to forward. I printed new labels last year got out the sharpie and crossed out aft scribbled in forward and then watched the porter at the pier whip out a tag, put the cabin number on, and send the bag on its way. Far easier and a better change of the bag getting to the cabin.

Archived