Alaska Cruise Questions

kmkasza

I would like to know what month is better to cruise Alaska. June or July. Have heard July has more bugs but is warmer. Any comments appreciated. Also would like to book online. Any websites that are a definite no no were you have complaints with. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to book within the next 7-10 days. Thanks

I would go on the Port section of these boards (under Alaska) and ask someone called BudgetQueen. She is the resident Alaska expert.

She was very helpful in our cruise July 2005. (We went the first week of July) Boarded on July 5 or 6th (I forget) and had a wonderful time.

The weather was perfect. Every port day was great.

It is a marvelous trip that we plan to do time and time again!!

I would like to know what month is better to cruise Alaska. June or July... Also would like to book online...

UMMMM -- with all due respect --

You don't even know what month you want to go, and you plan to book online?

If you start out with a question like that, how many more questions are you going to have before your cruise? Are you going to depend on opinionated old curmudgeons like me on a public bulletin board, or are you going to want some factual advice from someone who is actually an expert on cruising?

The very best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor. Ask around from your friends and co-workers for their recommendations, and look for the CLIA certificate for the agent, not just for the agency. Tell the agent what you are interested in and ask for some suggestions. (If the agency only pushes one cruise line, run like the wind to another TA). Read through the brochures, go back to the agent with your questions, and be sure you are comfortable with the attention you receive and the way your questions are answered. It does not cost you anything, but the agency will get a nice commission from the cruise line when you book the cruise so you should get a lot of attention and service. That is the best way to learn about cruising from an expert!

If you are an experienced cruiser, positive about what ship, itinerary, cabin and date you want, and just need the booking confirmed, then if you choose to give up the services of a Travel Agent and book through an 800 number or on the internet, that is your choice. Good luck getting through to them if you have a last minute problem and need somebody on your side.

I did my homework just wanted to know about someone who had gone. Have decided on june 19th date on the sapphire princess. Going thru a local ta would be 200+ more per person than going online. Have booked before online with no problems. Have heard certain sites are hard to deal with. Just wanted a heads up on those. Putting 2 kids thru college isn't cheap and need to pinch pennies whenever I can.

Archived