Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

Congrats Jeff!! I am sure that you will have a great time!!

I am currently looking into what cruise to book for my 40th bday next spring. I am thinking about the Elation repo cruise.

Hey Liza,

Thanks for the congrats and being one of the folks thaat is helping us solo cruised challanged get off the fence. I can't wait to go...:p

40th Bday huh...:eek:

Well...if it is on a ship it will be fun...

Thanks againg...

Jeff

Yaaaaaaahoooooooooooo! Ya did it....I am so truly elated for you......you will do well. More interested on the S&S (3 is it?) and wont quote you....go back and look.....

WHO ARE YOU ANYWAYS?

dianee91324@yahoo.com

Im done.

Now that is an interesting question...;)

Thanks for the Yaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooo......:D

That S&S 3 sounds cool....their boards are a hoot....

Jeff

Now ya'll quit talking about it and come join us!! At least join us on the thread and decide from there... we don't bite (well, most of us don't :eek: )... lots of singles end up going, but don't generally feel like singles once the cruise comes around, since you become friends with so many people. We have alot of little get togethers, you can participate, or not.. up to you completely!! It's a GREAT cruise for the solo traveler... you don't ever have to be alone. We generally have the group together at dinner as well... so chances are you'd be seated with someone in the group. It really is a great way to go. The nice thing is you have a year to get to know others in the group. As it gets closer, we have weekly chats as well. If you have any questions, just let me know! Hope to meet all of ya!!!

Now ya'll quit talking about it and come join us!! At least join us on the thread and decide from there... we don't bite (well, most of us don't :eek: )... lots of singles end up going, but don't generally feel like singles once the cruise comes around, since you become friends with so many people. We have alot of little get togethers, you can participate, or not.. up to you completely!! It's a GREAT cruise for the solo traveler... you don't ever have to be alone. We generally have the group together at dinner as well... so chances are you'd be seated with someone in the group. It really is a great way to go. The nice thing is you have a year to get to know others in the group. As it gets closer, we have weekly chats as well. If you have any questions, just let me know! Hope to meet all of ya!!!

GoinCruisin,

I'm working on the 1st one. I'll have fun with buddy JP on the "V".

If everything goes well...I plan to deposit for S&S Oct.;)

By the way...again thanks to those of you (including GoinCruisin) for the encouragement to "embark" on a solo venture.

It means alot to all of us.

Jeff

Everyone...Keep those cards and letters (posts) coming...:)

On the S&S part 3....board...is there an age limit? HE he HA ha HU hu! Im a 35yo single individual.....got 5 years left to reach my goal ....I need 8 on Carnival in 5 years........I will say this.....I got so rebuffed on my last cruise by all well not all per se but the Mars and Venus comes to mind.... I met here....do the math....yes I will admit I was a "bit" out of control...(like WAY on day one.....BUT....I was so sick day one and well screw drivers (vit C) sounded like a "healthy" alternative)...but hello "**** happens" first day...FIRST DAY IS A DAY OF FORGIVENESS....IS IT NOT SHEESH....no forgiveness on this one, OR forgetness for all...(except me)...granted EVERYONE was married....but WHATever......no biggie....brush off the dust and try again.....which I will.....I dont know if Im ready for the "solo plunge" but am gonna skip to the S&S just to see whats up there, and HOW you welcome newbies to your crowd...which is SO huge to began with.......

Im off....

Im thinking start with baby steps on a "little" ship and work my way up....but am thinking I can disapear so nicely on the conquest.....but I dont want to disapear.....ok Im scootin to see whats up the the SS3......this will be interesting.....kill two birds with one stone.....travel solo....but have reinforcements....oh jeez Im doooooooomed!

me.

On the S&S part 3....board...is there an age limit? HE he HA ha HU hu! Im a 35yo single individual.....got 5 years left to reach my goal ....I need 8 on Carnival in 5 years........I will say this.....I got so rebuffed on my last cruise by all well not all per se but the Mars and Venus comes to mind.... I met here....do the math....yes I will admit I was a "bit" out of control...(like WAY on day one.....BUT....I was so sick day one and well screw drivers (vit C) sounded like a "healthy" alternative)...but hello "**** happens" first day...FIRST DAY IS A DAY OF FORGIVENESS....IS IT NOT SHEESH....no forgiveness on this one, OR forgetness for all...(except me)...granted EVERYONE was married....but WHATever......no biggie....brush off the dust and try again.....which I will.....I dont know if Im ready for the "solo plunge" but am gonna skip to the S&S just to see whats up there, and HOW you welcome newbies to your crowd...which is SO huge to began with.......

Im off....

Im thinking start with baby steps on a "little" ship and work my way up....but am thinking I can disapear so nicely on the conquest.....but I dont want to disapear.....ok Im scootin to see whats up the the SS3......this will be interesting.....kill two birds with one stone.....travel solo....but have reinforcements....oh jeez Im doooooooomed!

me.

LOL, well... I'm 35 and single, and will reach #8 in just under 5 years... so we sound pretty similar! LOL!!!

Just come over to the thread and check us out... you can decide if you want to book later... alot of great people that will welcome you into the family!!! Look forward to seeing you and Jessemon over there :D

Also cruise alone or with my 11 year old. Also don't do the bars because of the smoke. Did enjoy a couple of gals last cruise who asked to join my table.

I had to respond as this is funny....I did both of the things u suggested....being outgoing but a little shy as a single female in a bar environment...

I went to the Piano Bar on several ships but found they are the smokiest areas onboard, so had to avoid that as I hate smoke! It is a good place to mingle tho, if you don't mind choking! LOL

Also did the Lido/pool/bistro dining areas, I asked a person sitting alone, if I could join them...they said no! I tried one more time and found that the person was waiting for others to join them...

Now I need to tell you I am actually pretty fine to look at, take good care of myself and have an outgoing, happy personality, very friendly..(I thought)

I do not have 2 heads, or smell bad...LOL so what gives???!!

Still I will continue to "break the ice" my next trip in December! so any more tips would be appreciated by myself also as well as Jessemon!! Ha! Ha!

Im off....

me.

VIPBY40,

Need to check out the S&S3 thread.

They are crazy. They won't tell me what the initiation is...but what the hell.

Check it out.

GoinCruisin answered me within 1 minute of posting on it and now the other folks are welcoming me.

This could be dangerous.....:eek: ...I like that.

21 days til the "V" cruise.....I am excited....

Thanks all for the push...

Jeff

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Im off....

me.

I didn't understand your post. Did you have a good time? I am just curious. I am a diehard solo cruiser. I generally won't do group cruises because sometimes groups can be just as or even more restrictive than friends or family members.

However, all in all did you enjoy your cruise?

Im off....

me.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about . . . are you saying you went on one of Carnival's group cruises and didn't have a good time? Just curious because as someone who cruises solo . . . I've always thought these group cruises sounded like a lot of fun . . . :confused:

I haven't a clue what you are talking about . . . are you saying you went on one of Carnival's group cruises and didn't have a good time? Just curious because as someone who cruises solo . . . I've always thought these group cruises sounded like a lot of fun . . . :confused:

Hey ladycaveat...thanks for checking in.

Did you see I booked a cruise and leave in three weeks...

Thanks for helping.

VIPBY40 is at times a little hard to follow but...it is fun ...:D (no offense VIPBY40) I like it. I had mentioned the S&S3 cruise in Oct. 07.

I think if you read it again you'll figure it out...;)

I had a FAB time!!!!!! Dont get me wrong..... How can one NOT have fun..... that is truly not possible for me.

Long story short.....met lotsa other people and others from other ships as well! Classic.....Playa mia is "bitchen"......

Back to the thread at hand......

Goin Cruizin....ya got some balls, or maybe Im just immature.....lolololol! Nice to know you have my #!

Off to read the book......that thread is soooooooo long!

Hey Jeff - just back from my trip and saw that you DID IT!! YOU BOOKED!! Good for you. I know you will have a blast. (I sure did last month on my first solo.)

Also see that you went over to hook up with the the S&S Liberty grope - just like Allen suggested!! You get another atta boy!!

I have been looking at that sailing as well and lurking on the thread. Won't know if I can go until next spring (because of the timing) - but believe me if I can swing it - I will be there. Allen told me alot of great things about this grope. He had soooo much fun on the S&S 2.

Welcome to all the newcomers on this thread - help us keep it going on on the 1st page!!

OK - so we need more words of advice and wisdom for our solo newbies....

Maybe we should start a list:

1. request late dining at a large table of solo travelers

Hey Jeff - just back from my trip and saw that you DID IT!! YOU BOOKED!! Good for you. I know you will have a blast. (I sure did last month on my first solo.)

Also see that you went over to hook up with the the S&S Liberty grope - just like Allen suggested!! You get another atta boy!!

I have been looking at that sailing as well and lurking on the thread. Won't know if I can go until next spring (because of the timing) - but believe me if I can swing it - I will be there. Allen told me alot of great things about this grope. He had soooo much fun on the S&S 2.

Welcome to all the newcomers on this thread - help us keep it going on on the 1st page!!

OK - so we need more words of advice and wisdom for our solo newbies....

Maybe we should start a list:

1. request late dining at a large table of solo travelers

Thank you Kathy....

I am really excited...met up with JP again today (piano bar player) here in Tampa.

I sent him an e-mail during the week that I booked on the "V".

He said "you did not tell me the date you were sailing".

I said..."SUPRISE"...:eek: it is driving him nuts....LOL

I told him I would e-mail him during the week and give him the date...he said "really"...I said "NOT".

That S&S3 cruise looks like fun also.:D

Jeff

Goin Cruizin....ya got some balls, or maybe Im just immature.....lolololol! Nice to know you have my #!

I don't have any of those the last time I checked :eek: I'll be the first to admit I'm confused... now, that could be due to several things ... a) you meant to confuse me b) brain cells still gone from last cruise c) too many crown and sprite's tonight

Either way, it's all good!

Jeff, SO glad you have joined us over on the S&S3 thread!! I encourage anyone even remotely interested to join us. You will find that there are alot of fun, down to earth people... MANY who travel solo!!! And any of you looking for a great cruise soon... our S&S 2.5 cruise is in January, OV cabins are going for $279pp now... going to be a great cruise!

Jeff, SO glad you have joined us over on the S&S3 thread!! I encourage anyone even remotely interested to join us. You will find that there are alot of fun, down to earth people... MANY who travel solo!!! And any of you looking for a great cruise soon... our S&S 2.5 cruise is in January, OV cabins are going for $279pp now... going to be a great cruise!

Thank you so much for jumping in here with encouraging words. Because of you and several other S&S'ers I have jumped into the Freedom Free4all next year!! I am seriously considering the Liberty in Oct - depending on my schedule.

So come on all you solo's how about it???

The pricing for January is awesome! If I wasn't already booked for the Triumph at the same time - I would seriously consider this.

OK - back to my pizza and 'Nole football! :D

Thank you so much for jumping in here with encouraging words. Because of you and several other S&S'ers I have jumped into the Freedom Free4all next year!! I am seriously considering the Liberty in Oct - depending on my schedule.

The pricing for January is awesome! If I wasn't already booked for the Triumph at the same time - I would seriously consider this.

Kathy, I look forward to meeting you on the Freedom!! We'd also love to have you on the Liberty! If you have any questions, just let me know!!! Also, we have a "group forum" under the CC group cruises... check that out too. I would much rather you know everything upfront, than going on the cruise and not enjoying yourself. The nice thing about the S&S cruises, and Randy's cruises, is there are generally alot of people on them... so the chances are, if you want to, you will meet people that share a common interest... Friendships that are created on these cruises last forever. Many of us get together through the year for trips in various places, we have a Myrtle Beach trip planned for May... We get together as much as possible... heck, Randy is coming to have Thanksgiving with my family this year for a Ricky and Lucy Thanksgiving... I don't think you would be sorry cruising with a large group of CC'ers... we all have the same love, CRUISING!!!

Kathy,

Like you I am so glad this thread is helping people who want to go solo. Whether with a group or alone.

By the way...what was the final on that "Noles" game? (oops)

I find this very encouraging! I'm going on the Norwegian Star with my parents and two other "middle aged" couples (I guess the middle ages all depend on where in life you are!!) and have been unsure if it was the right decision. I've never vacationed with my parents, so thought it might be good for the memories to do at least once.

Would be nice to meet some others my age (I'm 32) on this cruise, but perhaps I'm being over-optimistic.. I mean what are the odds that I'll find someone who is my age and alone (or semi-alone as in my case) on this cruise?

I'm a good looking, outgoing guy, so maybe there is a chance.. I'm not looking for romance, just some good clean fun with people my own age.

Nice to see that there are so many others on here who are solo cruisers. I've cruised with others on two other cruises, but this one is going to be somewhat different, because the others were with people my own age/singles...

Archived