Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

.......:D ......whatdayathink.....:p :rolleyes: :eek: .......HMMMMMMMMM its gatta be the ship......;) ....from what Ive heard its pretty "bitchen"

cant help it.....GO GREEN BAY!....stay tuned at 10:00......watch the ticka....I so despise ticka games......whats a ticka game....its on the right upper side or lower left....of the game that is televised......next year.....I WILL talk to my cable company.......oyyyyyy

.......:D ......whatdayathink.....:p :rolleyes: :eek: .......HMMMMMMMMM its gatta be the ship......;) ....from what Ive heard its pretty "bitchen"

cant help it.....GO GREEN BAY!....stay tuned at 10:00......watch the ticka....I so despise ticka games......whats a ticka game....its on the right upper side or lower left....of the game that is televised......next year.....I WILL talk to my cable company.......oyyyyyy

GB wins....

Well, in 14 days, I will be able to say that I will be sailing this year. :) I just can't wait. I'm already dreading the cold "snowy" winter ahead.

Joanne

Hey Joanne,

What cruise did you say you were doing ? I think my memory is slipping....old timers disease maybe.....:eek:

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I will be doing the Crown Princess in April, and the Destiny in November. It would be fun for me to do 3 - 4 day cruises, but I live too far from the ports ... The flights would be double the cruise.

Joanne

Hi Jeff,

I will be doing the Crown Princess in April, and the Destiny in November. It would be fun for me to do 3 - 4 day cruises, but I live too far from the ports ... The flights would be double the cruise.

Joanne

That's right...2 cruises booked.

That's the nice thing about living in Florida (besides the fact it was 80F today:D ) is there are many cruise options. Just out of Tampa alone anymore there are 6 ships sailing with lenghts of anywhere from 4 to 14 days. Then the ones that leave after the winter season is done is you can do a trans Atlantic or Panama Canal to Alaska. Or South America.

Not to mention driving 2 1/2 -4 1/2 hrs. and do 4 more ports. And a choice of who knows how many ships.

I took my first Solo not single cruise in October and am anxiously awaiting my next. The point of doing just what YOU want is the best feeling. No other person to be on a time schedule with. Doing everything or just doing nothing.

I think everyone should try this at least once in their lives as I came away with a new sense of independence. ;)

I hear alot of people say the same thing. "My time is my own." "I get to do what I want." And of coures "Doing nothing or everything."

Sounds like a great to cruise. Meet people and not have to feel that you have to do something because someone else wants to.

I also noted the way you said first solo not single cruise. I always wonder when I started this thread if the question should have been ..."Can a solo/single cruiser have a good time?"

But it seems to have turned out to be a good thread for alot of people.

For those of you still "lurking"...come on and join in.:D

Jeff

Wanna wish every Single Cruiser a very Merry Xmas.

I am officially off until the 27th of December. No inmates to deal with until Jan 2 (yes, I work in a male prison).

Talk to everyone later,

Joanne

Jessemon: Yeah, you live in a great city. You can drive to most ports, as me, unless I want to do the "Cold Route" I've got to fly anywhere. I'm hoping on taking advantage of my "uncles" house. He's got a summer house in Tampa. He's what you'd call a "Snow Bird".

In the last 5 years, I've done 4 cruises & 1 land resort, plu7s, travelled Europe, I consider myself pretty lucky.

Next year, I'm planning 2 cruises, with fellow CC. I will have the best of both worlds. Have a cabin all to myself, and be able to cruise with friends that I've met on CC.

Joanne

Jessemon:

Next year, I'm planning 2 cruises, with fellow CC. I will have the best of both worlds. Have a cabin all to myself, and be able to cruise with friends that I've met on CC.

Joanne

Joanne,

Does sound great. A friend to cruise with and your own cabin. Works for me.

Uncles a snowbird hey...let me know if you take advantage of his place here. We could get together.

As to working in an all "MALE PRISON"

Your not the person who does the glove routine when they get there are you ???:D

I can hear that snapping sound on the wrist now....LOL:eek:

Jeff/AKA: Doctor Proctor:p

Joanne,

Does sound great. A friend to cruise with and your own cabin. Works for me.

Uncles a snowbird hey...let me know if you take advantage of his place here. We could get together.

As to working in an all "MALE PRISON"

Your not the person who does the glove routine when they get there are you ???:D

I can hear that snapping sound on the wrist now....LOL:eek:

Jeff/AKA: Doctor Proctor:p

yeah, will definitely let you know, If I'm in Tampa area. You just never know.

My friend Chris & his fiance Weezie, from Tampa, will be sailing with me on the Crown.

Joanne

yeah, will definitely let you know, If I'm in Tampa area. You just never know.

My friend Chris & his fiance Weezie, from Tampa, will be sailing with me on the Crown.

Joanne

Sounds great...Where do they live in Tampa ?

Well all...Twas the night before Christmas Eve and I want to thank all that have visited this thread. Whether to learn about cruising solo/single or those of you that wanted to help. I never thought it would have lasted this long or be so many pages long.

I hope all have a sense of humor because a friend of mine sent ths and I giggle every time I look at it again. It is just funny.

www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.htlm

If it gets blocked for some reason...just type it in and enjoy...

It is to the tune of White Christmas and I am not going to say anything about "Cousins Kissin"...no..this is not R or X rated.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

May the God of "your" choice bless you this time of year and may the next one be better.

Jeff

Well here it is ... almost a new year. Hope everyone had a Merry.

Let's try to see what singles/solos are going to book for cruises in the next year.

Maybe that way we can get some of us together.

If you have been following this thread at all...it looks like a few of us are going to book on the Liberty in Oct. with a bunch of crazies called the Saints and Sinners. I don't think there are many saints in the bunch.

Let's get his thread going again for the new year.

It has helped alot of people really think of cruising alone nad having fun doing it.

Jeff

Joanne,

[/color][/size][/font]

Was talking to my uncle over the holidays, and he told me that he does not exactly live in Tampa. His house is in Holiday. I guess that it's about 45 mins from Tampa.

Joanne

I Love cruiseing alone :) I allways find someone (or they find me) to hang out with and have a great time. I have met a few long time friends on board that still keep in touch.

Im a single guy but Im not a prowler or a player out to bother the single women onboard. Most of the people I meet, I meet at the Karaoke Lounge. I have taken two cruises with women that turned out to be not my most memorable cruises. I have more fun by myself.

So meet me on the SENSATION on jan 25 for a 3 day quickie cruise :)

I'll be singing in the Karaoke lounge 9-12 pm

http://www.myspace.com/mroctober2u

it looks like a few of us are going to book on the Liberty in Oct. with a bunch of crazies called the Saints and Sinners. I don't think there are many saints in the bunch.

Hey now, I take offense to that :p LOL! You just can't see my halo and wings... but I have them :p

I Love cruiseing alone :) I allways find someone (or they find me) to hang out with and have a great time. I have met a few long time friends on board that still keep in touch.

Im a single guy but Im not a prowler or a player out to bother the single women onboard. Most of the people I meet, I meet at the Karaoke Lounge. I have taken two cruises with women that turned out to be not my most memorable cruises. I have more fun by myself.

You should join us on one of our group cruises (Saints and Sinners)... plenty of singles, and just fun people in general... single or attached. We are going to be on the Fantasy for a quickie on Jan 8... have a great cruise on the Sensation... still my favorite ship!!

Hey Reggie...just kidding...MrOctober,

I have seen what you are talking about on crusies (when I didn't cruise alone) of the prowler types. That includes both males and females...:eek: It is fun to watch how many times they get shot down after buying drinks....LOL

I am the same way about meeting people. I don't try to be a player. Just hang and say hello and start talking. Have many people I still talk to that have been met on cruises.

By the way...Karaoke...not my glass of beer. But if it makes you happy...go for it...;)

Where is the Sensation sailing out of these days anyways ?

Cruised on a 4 day out of Tampa on her..."LOTS OF PURPLE"...I remember everywhere I went I could see purple.......I think the "TP" was even purple...

• 2 weeks later...

Well the holidays are done and hopefully we will all be able to fit back in our swimsuits before we all cruise again.:p

Let's see if we can get this thread up and running with single/solo cruisers. Those who want to know what it is like to cruise solo/single. or those who have done this who can give great suggestions and help.

This thread was going great before the holidays.:) So if you are here for the first time go back to the start and scan through. Many people were helping those of us who have not cruised alone before. It has been a great thread thanks to many peoples help.

Have fun looking through and ask what you may. I am sure someone will have the answer.

If you have done the solo thing before...give a story or lend a hand.

Thanks...

Jessemon

Archived