Swimming with Sharks and Rays - Belize

Empty Nester

We're wanting to do the Shark ray alley side trip. Can anyone that has done it tell me (ms. chicken) exactly what to expect on this side trip. How big are these guys, do they swim up to you, are there so many that you could possibly get overwhelmed, how deep of water are you in? Any info will be appreciated. Then when the trip is over, where do you have lunch and what to expect there. :)

We have done this excursion with Coral Breeze probably a half a dozen times. The rays are extremely friendly and some are quite large. They will swim all around you and brush up against you, but there is nothing to be afraid of. Some places the water is waist high, deeper in the snorkeling areas. This toru company takes you to lunch on Caye Caulker and you can spend some time there before you depart back to Belize City. Since I don't know what tour company you are planning to use, I can't say where they will take you to eat. It is one of our very favorite excursions ever. A lot of fun. Highly recommended.

Archived