Need help

MartyL

This may seem like a dumb question, however, I have never been on a cruise & will be going in November. I need to know what is a MUST to bring. Do I need blow dryer, iron etc. :confused:

Thank you.

This may seem like a dumb question, however, I have never been on a cruise & will be going in November. I need to know what is a MUST to bring. Do I need blow dryer, iron etc. :confused:

Thank you.

Irons are not allowed. Some ships have blowdryers... which ship???? Do a search on "packing list" and you will find some great info!!!

Thank you.

If you have thick/long hair, it seems to be the common answer that you may want to bring your own, as the ones in the cabins aren't very strong. With that being said, I used it on past cruises and didn't have a problem.

Irons are not allowed in cabins as far as I know. They provide them in a common laundry room on each floor. Make sure you get there early on formal nights!

Bring either your cell phone or a mini alarm clock, there are no clocks in the cabins. They do have a wake-up call service as well.

Bring a good attitude and don't expect a 5 star hotel experience. If something doesn't go perfectly, shake it off, you're on vacation!:D

Bring a power strip........only one outlet and it is on the vanity.

LCD clock radio.........especially if you are traveling in an inside room. This way you can see the time without turning on the lights.

No irons are allowed to be brought on board. As for hair dryers my DW takes hers because what is provided in the room is not powerful enough for her. We like to take a small alarm clock that has a battery backup for use in the room. Some posters will say to take a power strip but I perfer a outlet adapter that turns one recepticle into three they are smaller and easier to pack.

They have Coke products onboard. If you drink Dr Pepper, you will need to bring your own supply...I usually bring a 24 pack for hubby & I.

Don't forget to bring your meds in their original containers...always pack more than you will need.

Ginger pills are great for motion sickness. This was on Mythbusters.

Bring plenty of one's for tips.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!:)

Don't rely on your cell phone for an alarm clock - mine just displayed "looking for service" for 7 days last time. Dh's worked, and we have the same company. No idea why. They will give you a wakeup call, or do bring an alarm clock and an extension cord so you'll have more than one outlet to plug it into.

Thank you.

I have found bringing extra coat hangars (plastic) to be helpful. Also a couple of those suction type hooks for hanging things in the bathroom and possibly a night light for the bathroom as well.

Like Vinnie, I take a little 3" adapter that can be used for three plug-ins, rather than a big bulky power strip. WalMart 79 cents.

As far as irons, you've gotten good advice. There should be a laundry room (sometimes two) on each deck of the ship...equipped with washers, dryers, ironing boards, and irons.

Have a safe and happy cruise!:)

Thank you.

I can't go without my little fan for in the cabiin.

I take a battery operated clock with a luminous dial for nighttime. I prefer this over electrical clocks as the voltage on the ship may cause the electrical ones to run faster or slower than correct time.

Take at least two bathing suits if you plan to be in the pool or the ocean every day. That gives one time to dry out.

If you're flying to port, try to mix and match your clothes to cut down on the weight of your luggage.

Don't forget your passport/birth certificate and cruise docs! ;)

Make sure you bring your prescription drugs if you have any. Also bring your own motion sick meds, motrin/tylenol, benedryl incase of an allergic reaction to something, bandaids, etc. I have read it costs and arm & leg if you have to go to the medical clinic onboard for things.

We brought an over the door shoe holder on our cruise and loved it! Great for holding perfumes, deo, make-up, pens, carnival capers, or whatever. The bathrooms are small and so are the places to put this stuff.

A highlighter or dry erase marker is a must so that you can mark the things listed in the carnival capers that you want to do. If you bring a dry erase you can also use to it write notes to yourself or room steward on the mirror.

An empty duffle bag if you plan on bring purchases back. We actually packed the duffle bag with soda then used it to carry our purchases.

Do a search and you will find a list somebody made up of "Must Pack" things.

If you have a balcony room bring a bunge cord to keep balcony door open.

Your own blow dryer is a must.

Extra hangers - if you have a lot of hanging clothes.

Cannot bring an iron but can bring fabric steamer.

Large ziplock bags for packing wet clothes for return trip.

Bubble wrap to pack breakables that you may buy

Don't forget to get one of those over the door hangy shoe bags. The clear ones I find are best. There is not enough room in the bathroom for all your "stuff." Hang the bag over the closet door and put your bathroom stuff in it. If it clear you can see where your stuff is. We will be taking a night lite. It gets dark in those rooms at night and leaving the bathroom lite on means trying to leave the bathroom door opened a little. Don't work. Ship rocks door moves around and bangs etc. Going potty in wee hours of the morning can get a bit sporty without some lite in there. Power strip or multi-plug is good idea. Only one plug in the room so if you have hair dryer, cell phone chargers, DVD player chargers, electric razor chargers, electric alarm clock, etc can't do but one at a time with out added support. Stronly suggest you do as noted above - do search for packing lists and you will get all kinds of ideas and thoughts. Can do search on this page or just through internet - punch in cruise packing lists and you will find lots of them - have fun!!

Archived