Passport Question

tigerdadky

We just received our new(renewed) passports in the mail and there is a difference from our original passport. Where it says the city of issue on our old passport as New Orleans it dont say on the new one. It does say that it was issued by the United States Department of State. Of course a requirement on the Funpass is the city of issuance. The priority mail was from Portsmouth NH, so thats what i put on the funpass. Has anyone else had anything like this.

We just received our new(renewed) passports in the mail and there is a difference from our original passport. Where it says the city of issue on our old passport as New Orleans it dont say on the new one. It does say that it was issued by the United States Department of State. Of course a requirement on the Funpass is the city of issuance. The priority mail was from Portsmouth NH, so thats what i put on the funpass. Has anyone else had anything like this.

You can just put your city actually... I've done that before (when I was confused) and nothing was said.

My DD renewed hers earlier this year and it said that, too. I just filled in Dept of State on the Funpass for her and her BF's and I filled in the city for DH and mine (we have the old style). We cruised in June.

I put the city I live in (and applied for the passport from) and that worked fine. I didn't remember what the return address was. I don't think it matters as they don't put it on them anymore, so how would you know? It's probably just left over from when they did put that info on the passports. No worries! ;)

It really, truly does not matter what city you put in. We put in our home town (like GC), and it was fine.

Note to CCL- That question on the FP application should be eliminated. Not only is it irrelevent, it causes too much concern and confusion over what to put, as evidenced by the number of questions that come up over it on this board.

Archived