Just upgraded to AC on the Dawn Cabin 10000

lsabe

Has anyone been in Cabin no. 10000. I was originaly in an AF category, but just upgraded to AC 10000 Is there a big difference in cabin size and is this a good location on the ship. This is our first sailing on NCL. Hope you can let me know if I did the right thing. Spent an additional 300.00 pp

Hi Isabe:

I was on the Dawn in May and was also upgraded to a penthouse suite (10002). We loved it. The rooms are much bigger than the AF. The room is at the front of the ship and has a huge balcony. The only bad thing is all the wind in the front of the ship so it is hard to use the balcony when the ship is moving:( . In port is a different story. The other bad thing about being in the front of the ship is that you will do a lot of walking to and from your room. No big deal!!! It is a great way to walk off all the food you will be eating:D .

Another definite plus is the Concierge and Butler service. You don't order from the regular room service menu...there is a special butler menu you can order from with better choices of food. For instance every morning for breakfast I ordered eggs benedict (just wrote it on the card) and there it was. Every day we got a little "surprise" delivered to our cabin. It was in the form of food. One day was canapes, cheese plate, chocolate covered strawberries etc. As soon as you get in the room there is a bottle of champagne chilling. And it is FREE!!!!!!

The room itself is very large with a large closet also. There is plenty of room under the king size bed for suitcase storage etc. Decent sized bathroom.

All in all worth the extra money you paid. If you have any more questions then just let me know.

Dorothyl,

I am sailing on March 8th. You can call NCL directly at 1-800-625-4309 and ask for Sandra at ext 7112. Make sure you get the ok from your T/A to deal directly with NCL and your T/A must notify them that it is ok to deal directly with you. There are commissions involved. The closer you get to sailing, the more money you should save. One week ago I was told the upgrade would cost 450.00 pp

Hope this helps.

Hi KarlaC

Tks for your review of the room. Did you tip the butler and if so, was it at the end of the cruise and can you tell me how much would be appropriate.

Hey all:

We tipped the Butler as we used him (i.e bringing us food/movie/dvd). We also gave him a tip at the end of our cruise. We really did not use his services to the full extent, but still tipped him nicely in the end. Gave him $100 for the week plus the tips the few times we utilized his services. He seemed very appreciative of the tips when we used his services. I guess because he had money right away instead of waiting until the end of the cruise to get it.

We also tipped our Concierge as she made a lot of dinner reservations for us. Oh, another good thing about being in this suite...you can make dinner reservations at any of the speciality restaurants days ahead of time. Other staterooms can only make reservations the day they want to go. As a suite, you can make a reservation for any of the specialty restaurants as soon as you get on the ship. You do this through the Concierge. The Concierge will also help you book any shore excursions.

It is the life...don't think we could ever go back. You are so spoiled by the time the cruise is over...all well worth the additional tipping costs. I have never minded tipping for great service.

Tks KarlaC and shoreguy.

Really appreciate your feedback and I agree 100 percent. I think I will tip him daily and also at the end of the trip depending on the service, which according to you shoud be terrific.

Tks all

Archived