QE2 Autumn Colours Sep 06 Cruise

rjms74

Having just returned from the above cruise I can only say that QE2 just gets better & better. I will write a review over the coming days but suffice to say food & service in the Queens Grill excellent - I had some great tablemates too from both the UK & US one of whom is staying onboard for the Med cruise that left Southampton earlier today! The ship itself is looking great too both inside & out! Hundreds of wellwishers watched us sail awayfrom Quebec.

We were very lucky to not only dock at the Manhattan pier but also due to a delay which we were told due to the stores being loaded onboard and the time needed for this, we did not leave NYC until about 6.40 pm so the view of Manhattan lit up at night was breathtaking & being a warm evening was even nicer to be on the outer deck. Security very tight in NYC as there was a meeting at the UN & with President Bush in town lots of police on every corner / block and some streets were even closed. It was quite a job to get a taxi back onboard with the city in virtual gridlock & I only just made it!!

Would be great to hear from anyone else who was also on this cruise. I enjoyed this cruise so much I booked the E/bound 2008 Crossing at the end of the world cruise.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi Rjms,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your cruise. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for doing that small favour for me. (You made my friends important day even better than expected) I actually got a call from my friend just before she set sail from Southampton telling me that I was a dark horse!!!! I can only thank you for making my friend smile from ear to ear!

I do hope that next year the four of us will be sailing together because we were so envious and watched her sail throughout her voyage.

So looking forward to hearing your review.

I can't thank you enough you were very kind indeed.!:)

Having just returned from the above cruise I can only say that QE2 just gets better & better. I will write a review over the coming days

RJMS

Welcome back !!! pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable crossing/cruise and look forward to your review!!!

It goes without saying that lm eagerly awaiting my cruises

cheers

Myles

Archived