Turtles

needgreen1

I just got back and we did the turtle tour with Thriller Oct. 3rd. You can see a beach from the turtle site but it would take awhile to swim ashore. I didn't notice how deep the water was because I was in awed with the turtles! We all had on snorkel vests so it wasn't a problem. My 5-year old was in the water and he did great. Got a little scared when a turtle almost as big as he was swam right underneath him.

Most of the turtle stops have been just off of Paynes Bay Beach. You could swim to shore if you wanted. Not sure of the water depth, but not too deep.. they always have life jackets (and you are required to wear one if you are on one of the Glass Bottom Boats.) Not sure what kind of set up Glory Tours has for this.

Most of the turtle stops have been just off of Paynes Bay Beach. You could swim to shore if you wanted. Not sure of the water depth, but not too deep.. they always have life jackets (and you are required to wear one if you are on one of the Glass Bottom Boats.) Not sure what kind of set up Glory Tours has for this.

• 2 weeks later...

From off shore the beach LOOKS very close but it is actually a reasonably good workout for a fit (non-distance trained) swimmer. Swimming open ocean is always far more rigorous than comparable pool lap distance or visible distance would cause one to believe.

I've swum it from shore and boated it. By the time you swim out from shore you're likely to be a little too worked out to relax and enjoy the marine animals; you'll be keenly aware (or should be) of retaining strength for the return swim. The water is probably 15-25' deep.

I suggest against doing this as a shore swim onless you regularly workout by distance swimming. Even then, boating it is more relaxing and pleasant.

frugal one

Perhaps you should investigate these issues before you post duplicate post in so many threads.

Glory Tours has not missed a Port pickup in over a year.

The post on the AOS is from a gentleman who never fully completed a booking form and never had a tour pass. Our site clearly states you must have a tour pass no tour pass was ever created for this traveller because no tour was ever booked because we where never emailed with the information that is required to book a tour.

Cruisers have one day in Barbados. We try to give them everything in one day that's why we do tours like Best of Barbados we DO NOT abandon our customers.

we went on the Silvermoon catamaran and when we got to the "turtle site" I asked how deep the water was and they said about 15 feet deep...

we had to wear life jackets-it is required when snorkeling off shore they said...

got some awesome pictures!! :)

Marsha

Archived