Noordam - 1/6/07

oceanvoyager

• 2 weeks later...

A freind and I are booked on the January 6th sailing. I have been on 6 prior cruises and this is my travelling companion's first sailing. I live in Boston and he lives in Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to meeting you guys on board. Any FOD meetings planned?

Bart and Hal

Hey Bart and Hal, glad you responded. It should be a good cruise. For the cruise newbie - he should keep in mind that the seas may be a bit rough on the first and final day of the cruise. They may also be smooth as glass, but January on the North Atlantic between Cape Hatteras and NYC can be unpredictable.

Bob and Joe, have you booked yet?

How's things Margie and Laura?

FYI to all, fares have dropped a bit for our sailing. Check with your Travel Agents to see if you can benefit.

Warren

Warren thanks for the info on the price drop. I've been watching and haven't seen it. We booked an SC cat. I'll call my TA tomorrow. I think we got a good deal cause another TA said are u sure that included port taxes.

Hi Bart and Hal.

Margie

Margie, Warren et. al.

Thanks for the hello. Am looking forward to meeting you guys on this cruise. Have been on a fair number of previous cruises but for some reason or other am particularly excited aobut this one. Even bought a new tux.

Bart

I'm excited because we're leaving from and coming back to NYC. We are usually flying to FL or PR. Never been on HAL before we are Celebrity peeps. Hope we're happy with our choice. The ship really looks very beautiful.

In the 90's came into NYC on the QU2 woke up at around 5am to watch. It was such a wonderful feeling. I'm very excited.

Your right, it did get a little rough around the cape but not too bad.

Hope to see you all on board.

Margie

Never been on HAL before we are Celebrity peeps. Hope we're happy with our choice. The ship really looks very beautiful.

This is my first HAL cruise too, but the friends I'm sailing with are frequent HAL cruisers who love the line. This is their second cruise on Noordam!

I'm kind of excited because my grandparents emigrated to the USA aboard Noordam I in the late 19-teens. I'm sure I'll get all misty eyed sailing by Ellis Island. :o

Warren

I'm going to get misty too, my grandmother always sailed HAL at least once a year and we would always go down to the pier to see her off. Back than you could board the ship and see the staterooms. It was always so exciting to see her off. She is gone now but I will be thinking of her as we leave NYC.

I'm going to go cry now.

See you all soon.

Margie

• 2 weeks later...

There's an article floating around about how HAL incorrectly priced Noordam's cruises for a short time back in September. People got the cruise at quite a bargain fare and are now being required to pay additional fare (1000's $) or get bumped from the cruise!

Any of you get caught with this problem?

Rather than depending on the cruise director putting something into the daily program, I though maybe we'd set a time/place to meet for cocktail. Anyone game?

Warren

Hi Warren and Everyone else who sailing on the 6th of January.

I posted a message last week but I don't see it. Would like to set something up to meet.

Not to much going on this thread. Hey everyone lets start a dialog to get to know each other a little before the cruise.

Margie

Looking forward to the Jan. 6 cruise. My second on HAL--the last was in the 70s--and my partner's first.

Remember leaving this past Jan. on the QM2 in a rain and wind storm and returning in a snowstorm. Much fun in between.

Hope to connect with FOD on board.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Got my travel docs which always ramps up the excitement!

If there's no "Friends of Dorothy" gathering listed in the daily program, I propose cocktails the first night of the cruise after sailaway in the Pinnacle Bar at 7:30. If there is a gathering listed...head to that one instead.

Warren

Hi, Warren,

Great idea. Fred and I have been wait listed for the second sitting which I hope will be resolved by sailing. If we have to do first, we should be able to get out by 7:30--the hour when we usually have pre-dinner cocktails. Hopefully second will work out.

We will also be looking for that FOD opportunity.

We look forward to meeting and to a great cruise.

Bill

If we have to do first, we should be able to get out by 7:30--the hour when we usually have pre-dinner cocktails. Hopefully second will work out.

That's why I chose the time - in between seatings. I almost suggested the Crows Nest, but it's so far away from the dining room!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! So far there are at least a dozen that I know of who will be aboard - and most likely quite a few more.

Warren

Anyone doing excursions? I usually do my own thing, but in St. Maarten I booked Golden Eagle Catamaran. I did it about six years ago and very much enjoyed it. I also booked the river tubing in Dominica.

What's everyone else planning? Do-your-own, excursions or a combo?

Warren

Archived