X-Stream cave tubing

mousy102299

My boyfriend and I are very interested in cave tubing. We have read so many wonderful things about cave-tubing.com but are slightly more interested in X-Stream cave tubing. The reason being cave-tubing.com seems to have everyone linked together for the majority of the time (though I could be wrong). We like the idea of not being linked together - which we think is how X-Stream does it (again, I could be wrong). I would appreciate others input on X-Streams cave tubing experience. Thanks! :)

Hi,

Just returned from the Miracle Sunday where we booked with cavetubing.com. It is true that we were linked the entire trip down the river which I preferred. There were 4 linked in our group and some had 3, some 6 but every group had a tour guide who did ALL the work. We just sat back and took in the beautiful scenery. There were parts of the river that were only 6" deep and that's where the guides came in handy. They would pull you through the shallow areas where as the other companies that had you float down the river individually, were having to get up and walk through the shallow areas. They were constantly getting stuck in areas where our guide would have to help them. Our guide joked with us and gave us a great narrative tour down the entire river. I would definately book with cavetubing.com again. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steve

my wife and i used x-treme cave tubing last nov and it was fantastic. i highly recommend them you get a tour of belize city, 2 caves to tube through lunch at the park for 5$. guide taz very safety conscious. had a wonderful time. got back to port with about 1 1/2 hours to look around port.

We used X-stream last November. We had 4 in our group with 1 guide. It was great! We did the hike, including a hike through a cave. Then the tubing---we did link together, I believe because 2 of us were skittish, though we separated to groups of 2+3 for part--- then the wonderful lunch. It was a great trip, and I would wholeheartedly recommend them!

We went with Cave-Tubing.com last March. We didn't really enjoy being hooked together. There were 8 people for each guide, but there were 8 guides. We all stayed together, so we were basically in a group of 64 people. I was expecting more of a guided nature walk on the way to the caves, which we didn't get. I can understand why it might be a good idea to be linked together in the cave, but when you're not in the cave being linked is just awkward. You can't relax when linked together, because arms, head and legs are at an awkward angle. Lunch was the highlight of the day, it was really excellent. Also I won't go into the whole story, but most groups have a minimum age of 8 for cave tubing. Cave-tubing.com allows younger children, but it's not a good choice for younger, smaller kids.

CavingTubing.com does sound wonderful but my boyfriend and I are not to thrilled about being hooked up with people the entire time, that is why we have seriously been thinking about going with X-Stream cave tubing instead...just kinda floating along on our own. My question is, if we are to go with X-Stream how much of the time would we have to spend paddling along when there are no rapids??? Are there quite a bit of rapids to keep moving you along for the majority of the time?

You have to paddle quite a bit because the river moves slowly and you need to steer yourself around to avoid going off into the side or the cave or the side of the river. It's rather difficult to move your tube around in different directions (you are lying on your back using your arms and hands), and sometimes you go careening off. I didn't mind, too much, but you definitely have to do a lot a work. Once I ran into the side of the river because another tuber sort of pushed me out of their way. It was a little scary because there were lots of sharp branches against the side, and of course I am sure those were host to various jungle creatures.

I did Xtream, and honestly, it looked like the cave-tubing.com people got a better tour. Our guide didn't tell us anything about the jungle or the river or tubing. And she had to really hurry us along because we were running late.

If I did it again, I would go with cave-tubing.com. They looked like they had great guides.

Archived