Sea Pass Account

Why would you care? They don't charge your credit card until

the end of the cruise anyway. If you're wanting to pay cash to keep the final bill "lower" stop by Guest Relations and make cash payments every few days while on board. Believe me, you won't have any difficulty getting them to take your money, one way or another!!!

They dont want to be refunding you bunches of $$$ if you dont spend the whole $1000...just put the $500 down and they will let you know when you get low and will want more $$ then...how long is your cruise? Is it just the 2 of you going? You may not spend that much...;)

Hi JennyCruise,

I've pre-paid my seapass account as well but RCI only allows $500.00 per reservation as you mentioned. I have 2 reservations for next weeks' Sovereign cruise and I've applied money through my debit card to both accounts. I called Gifts & Gear to apply the money to my accounts. The # is 800-722-5443. I'd go ahead and apply the $500 now and perhaps bring cash and see if you can apply the rest at check-in. Gifts & Gear should be able to help and when you have the money applied have them fax you a receipt of the transaction...it won't show up online. It's like giving yourself a gift certificate for $500.00. It's nice going in with all expenses coovered.

I have done this on all my cruises without problems. I go to Guest Services/front Desk/Purser's Office and put $1000.00 on my card. If you wish to put $500.00 on his card and $500.00 on your no problems. I have also told them to take out the full amount for the Room Steward, Waiter ect immediately. I wait untill 11 PM that night and check the TV to see if this was done. I have never had a problem.

At the end of the cruise the last night just befor I want to go to bed I do a check to see if any remains or if I owe some. Either way I go down and either pick up what was left or pay what I owed. Then the next morning I know all is clear and I go home without owing a cent.

BTW I do back it up with a card card just in case I don't make it to the Front Desk the last night. If they owe me they send a check but you could wait in the super long lline in the morning to clear the account if you wish.

Archived