Glory, what to expect

I am going on the Glory on the 31st. I was wondering what should we do in each port.

For example, we have been to Cozumel before and didn't enjoy it. My mother said we should go to the beaches there. Any suggestions?

Also, where does it go instead of Key West. My Husband and I were very disappointed about not getting to go back to Key West, we just love it there. Also, what should we do at that port.

Any thing we should no, freebies or ways to save time or money on the trip?

We have cruised 7 times before, so we know what to expect. I just wanted to hear from you that have been on the Glory.

Thanks so much!!:o :o

we are a group of 12 that will also be on this cruise with you, ages from 2 to 70, we love belize, we are going cave tubing and in cozumel thats a fun day of shopping and eating real mexican food, we have never been to costa maya, but looking forward to it, and as far a progreso i have heard that is a great place to snorkle. hope this helps laurie

I wonder about this post - you are leaving on the 31st-and-don't know where it's going or what to do ? Have been on 7 cruises and don't know where to look for itineraries, etc.?

Don't waste your time answering this one. Something goofy here.

Hey ... we'll be on that one toooooooooooo ... our first cruise, 25th anniv. and 50th birthday all wrapped into one week - hurrah ... try searching the forum with "Glory" and you'll be amazed at all the suggestions ... I've categorized them and it's really helped since we've never done this before ... tyvm! all Carnival postings ... hoping our agenda is a get go and the weather cooperates!! Catch you with the next wave ... :cool:

We were on the Glory in April. We are somewhat limited in where we go because my husband uses a wheelchair.

Belize: We went to Altun Ha - interesting, but not really worth the lomg ride. Everyone who went cave tubing seemed to hava a good time and I also heard good things about the Lamani river trip. And , of course, the snorkeling is supposed to be good.

Cozumel: We've been there before so we just went downtown and shopped. One place I have enjoyed in the past is Chakanaub Park (sp?) which has a beach and some small ruins. The snorkeling is good there, but you have to walk over rocks to get into the water. There is also a dolphin swim there. I've also heard good things about Paradise Beach.

Progresso: We went to the closer ruins which were one of the highlights of our trip. I do not remember the name, but it started with Dz. The ruins are more extensive then Altun Ha and there is a small museum there. There was also a Cenyote where you can swim. A taxi to get there was about $50, entry was about $13 and you can hire a guide for $15 - 20. The people who went to the farther ruins felt they spent too much time on the bus compared to the amount of time they had at the ruins. I did not meet anyone who went to Merida so I can not comment on that trip. Other people took the free bus into town to go to the beach, but I do not believe there was snorkeling there.

For more options I suggest you check out the port of call boards.

Archived