Packing Cubes

Lyric719

i have a set of the packing cubes like the ones from the container store. i used them to pack for our last cruise - they were great. I could stuff a lot in them & it actually helped keep me organized. You can stuff a lot more in them than it looks like.

Lyric......thanks for the mention of ebags.com. What a great site! I ordered a Deluxe Pill Organizer. What a convienent way to take a small supply of OTC medications. I personally haven't used the packing cubes but they seem to get alot of positive mentions. May have to look into those.......

We have used the Pack-It organizers for travel for about 10 years. I think we have 8 or 9 in various sizes. I can organize a single night/day into one pack and not have to shuffle through the entire suitcase hunting for something for a pre-cruise over night.

I use one of the small cubes for my undies and socks while my husband has to use the clear plastic space (squeeze the air out) bags. Women might take a lot of clothes, but when we go on a cruise it seems like my husband has clothes that take up more space than mine.

2 of my friends bought the folders and cubes but only one uses them regularly. The other friend just stuffs everything into her suitcase.

We have several local travel stores that carry these and I bought some from Magellan online.

Happy packing,

Norine

We use the Eagle Creek brand and could not live without them. We never unpack, just set the folders on the shelves. They are a little expensive at first but they have paid for themselves over and over. We have 4 20" folders, 4 18" folders and 2 mid size cubes for under garments, socks etc. Depending on the length of the cruise we use all or just a few. They are wonderful.

The Container store carries this brand and often times has them on sale.

• 1 month later...

I used these on our recent cruise, and don't know how I ever lived without them. Also used them on a business trip, and found them a lifesaver. I didn't check luggage, only used a carry-on-size suitcase, with my small and medium packing cube. At the airport while waiting for the flight, I found that I needed something out of the suitcase. I unzipped, lifted out the two cubes, and was able to find my item without shuffling through clothes and wrinkling everything in there. It just keeps the case so much more organized, and since your clothes don't shift, they're much less likely to wrinkle.

ebags.com is an amazing site. ive bought bags from them 3 times and was never dissapointed. im in the process of figuring out what kind of luggage set im going to buy from them

Get the Mother Lode, rolling suitcases. They come in different sizes, there is a bottom compartment that has velcro panels that are adjustable, perfect for keeping shoes and toiletries away from your clothing. You can stuff a LOT in these, so you need to watch for airline weight restrictions. There are also mesh zippered compartments that are great for underwear, socks etc. These bags also sit on end w/out tipping. I LOVE them.

Archived