Advance bookings...please help

kajsb

I'm making plans on booking a cruise in 01/2006. It's a long way off, but to help with my PCD, I need to book a cruise. :D It will also help me to concentrate on saving the cash to pay for the cruise. Has anyone ever encountered problems booking too far in advance? I figure the positive point is that I have a wide selection of cabins to choose from so I won't be stuck with the leftovers. I know exactly what I want- aft cabin with a wraparound balcony. Plus, my 27 year old daughter will probably come with. I plan on getting her an inside guarantee since she will spend little time in her room- she will be out and about on the ship or on our large balcony. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks! :D

The first problem you may encounter at this time is finding one... I believe they only have bookings right now through 12/05? But if they have not already, they should be opening the bookings for early 06 soon. I booked my first cruise 6 months out, second 14 months out and third 16 months out... so far, no problems. Once you book, especially that far out, you should try to keep an eye on pricing before you make your final payment, just in case the fares come down... they will usually start out high but can come down as the date approaches. Good luck!

Thanks for your input! It's so nice to know that I am not the only one that plans early. Carnival is booking for 2006. The best price I've got so far is through a PVP at Carnival.

Archived