Four Points Miami Beach- any comments??

I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton prior to my cruise in June 2005. I thought it was a nice hotel and wouldn't mind staying there again.

Here are my thoughts about the hotel:

Pro's:

• Lobby area is very nice
  • Rooms were neat and clean - in good condition
  • There is a restaurant and a mini-store in the lobby
  • Pool area is nice with plenty of towels (but of course you'll find some chair hogs there too )
  • Miami Beach is right behind the hotel
  • Free high-speed internet access in all the rooms

Cons:

• The elevators are very small, old, noisy, and slow - definitely worth the cost of getting a bellman to take your luggage
  • No on-site parking is valet only. They request that you give them at least 30-45 minutes notice when you need your car brought around.
  • Due to the noisy elevators, make sure you request that your room not be right near them or you will be able to hear the elevator noise in your room.
  • There are not really much to do in the area of the hotel - all that is around are other hotels. You will need to take a taxi to go anywhere.

We stayed there last May. It was OK, but nothing to do near the hotel. We moved to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the next day and were glad that we did.

Snowball summed up the pros and cons nicely.

Dorie

We stayed there 3 nights in March 2004.

Our room was very large, clean and we could see the ships from our window. We had diner downtown and Key West.

Beach is around the corner, also the seawalk. It's an easy 20-30 minute walk to Ocean Drive. Although this is a hotelarea, you can easily walk to the art deco district etc. It depends on your physical condition. Neighbourhood is oke, quit and not criminal.

We had a pleasant stay :)

I'll post a picture of our room later this evening.

Archived