Really dumb question about embarkation

gstepic

i hope i spelled embarkation right. Getting ready to catch our flight today for our Glory cruise tomorrow. The literature states embarkation is at 1:30. Does this mean that is the time to start boarding or is it best to get to the pier earlier. Ship leaves at 5.

Gary

We always try and arrive at least an hour before embarkation. Usually we will have to stand in line and it can be crowded, but that's kind of fun for us. On our last two cruises we met people in the embarkation lines and hung around with them the whole cruise. Embarkation time is the official time that the ship will start boarding.....BUT....that can really vary. Sometimes the disembarkation from the previous cruise is held up due to customs/immigration and they will not let new passengers embark until everything is cleaned up and ready to go. Then on the other hand, sometimes they open up early if the ship is ready to go and you embark an hour early. Either way, we like to get there early, as the first day is actually a "day" on your 7 day cruise! (Or 4 day or 10 day or whatever). We like to make the most of being on the ship and begin our cruise as EARLY as possible!

The 1:30 is just a best-guess estimate of when the ship will begin embarkation. If all goes well with the prior sailing's debarkation, you could easily be onboard before then. With a 1:30 scheduled embarkation, I would get to the pier between noon and 12:30. I'm willing to tolerate lines, crowds, and a bit of chaos to get on the ship as soon as possible.

Archived