Ship calls on Grand Cayman on Christmas Eve

janymac

My guess is that some of the stores will be open, and some won't. We were there on New Year's Day, and found that to be what happened. I talked to a couple of clerks and our waitress, and they told me that once the ships (there were 2 that day) leave, they were planning on closing.

I personally think it's going to be a great time to be there. Traffic will be not as heavy. When we were there, it was like we had the island to ourselves. It was really neat.

Thanks Twinkletoes4445,

We were getting ready to do out shore trips, we put dates to when we would be there. We were in Nassau on Boxing Day last year and the big shops were closed but not the straw market.

This is one of the ports that I enjoy shopping at but we shall wait and see!!

janymac

I just checked the Cayman Port Authority, and there are three ships scheduled to be in port that day. I am just sure that most things will be open. They wouldn't let you off the ship and not have things to do.

We enjoyed our day in Grand Cayman. Being New Year's Day, there wasn't much traffic, and I'll bet it will be the same for you on the 24th.

We were there for a week this past January, and there were days the place was a total zoo. Twice there were nine ships in port....

Archived