Door Decorating

hkolln

We have a lot of fun with the door decorating. Our last cruise we were on the Lido deck and most had to pass by our door to get to the swimming pool.
We start off with a few items (just using double back tape), and add something each day. My daughter was eating lunch and she said someone made a comment about a door that was decorated and something new added. That they went out of there way to check to see what the new item would be each day. She beamed to the lady "that is my mothers cabin"
Dotheyes

• 1 month later...
:D:D We cruise at the end of October and I have already gotten something to put on the door for a few days before and after 10/31 ! It's a long 14 day cruise, and some folks are going to even take costumes ! DH said door decor is more than enough !

Also plan to take some just cheap "fall" stuff. A
word to the wise, last year we purchased a nice little magnet at each stop and put up on the door. :mad::mad: 3 days before we were to dis-embark, someone took all of them. This time, our magnets will go inside the door !!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='elsie3939']We have used the Avery Printable Magnetic Sheets for every cruise for several years (about 6 cruises on Various RCL ships) and have never had a problem with them sticking...Our last cruise was on the Voyager and it's metal doors had waves (wrinkles) in it but the magnet sheet just conformed to the waves and stuck all week...Elsie[/QUOTE]

does anyone know if these work on the Conquest doors, and also what color are the doors?

[quote name='Mary loves to travel'][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Hello all,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]didn't see a reply to an earlier question, and I have the same Q: has anyone brought along a string of little lights, and used them to decorate the balcony railing ?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]we will be six couples going to Alaska in May 2007, and I thought decorating the balcony would be fun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]any comments, experiences with this?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]Thanks,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]Mary[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/quote]

Mary,
Don't forget that in May, here in the North, it does not get dark until very late at night. This is the "Land of the Midnight Sun"

[quote name='Atlasta Cruise']does anyone know if these work on the Conquest doors, and also what color are the doors?[/quote][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black]Sorry, all I know is that the HAL doors are not metal and the ones on Princess are :)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Thanks so much for that reminder! I guess I knew that but clearly didn't internalize it. No point in having little twinkle lights while it's still light out ;-)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]I think I'll just skip that idea for this trip.....maybe one in the future.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Cheers,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Mary[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived