gowolfpack...how was your cruise?

luvsunandfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowolfpack
We just got home tonight from the Destiny with an inside cabin on the Verandah deck! We did not have bathrobes in our cabin, but asked our room steward if we could borrow some for the week. We made friends with him and tipped him a pretty good "extra" and he gave us both robes as his gift to us.

gowolfpack, I'm dying to know how your cruise was. Did you like being on the Verandah deck? Was it noisy at all? Would love to hear about food, people, and shore tours you took. Did you tip your steward early in the week instead of at the end? I'm thinking you'll get better service this way? If you have the time, I'd love to hear your opinion! Thanks!!

I'm trying to find time to write a full review of our cruise - mixed thoughts about Carnival (our first time sailing with them after always sailing RCL) - would definitely sail carnival again but there were some disappointments. But overall, the cruise was amazing! We loved all the ports and had a blast the entire time.

We were in room 8-266 (the cabin from hell - will explain later) and loved being on the verandah deck. Not noisy at all other than the occasional teenagers making mischief in the halls. We did not tip our steward the extra until late saturday afternoon. His name was Diego and he was the best room steward we've ever had - just a delightful fellow who would bend over backwards to be helpful! We did not tip him to get the robes - that was totally unexpected.

[quote name='jfritz126']gowolfpack........i'm curious....where did you get your screen name from????[/QUOTE]

I'm a diehard NC State Wolfpack fan (and proud 1988 graduate) and gowolfpack is my email addy -- just made life easy to use it.

Whoooooo Hooooooo! GO PACK!!

Can't wait for football season to start in a few Looooong weeks - waiting for football season to start is as bad as waiting for a cruise! Trying to figure out how to take a cruise during that off week in October (now it's officially a cruise thread and not a WP football thread!)

gowolfpack,

I'd love to read your review if you have the time to write one. Can you add it to this thread. The Destiny...Past and Future thread is so long that I have a hard time finding info. Thanks! Glad to hear you had a good time! I'm going back and finding out my cabin number. Hope it's not the same as yours, lol. I was on the Lido deck, but had it changed. Would the Lido deck be better, do you think??

[quote name='luvsunandfun']gowolfpack,

I'd love to read your review if you have the time to write one. Can you add it to this thread. The Destiny...Past and Future thread is so long that I have a hard time finding info. Thanks! Glad to hear you had a good time! I'm going back and finding out my cabin number. Hope it's not the same as yours, lol. I was on the Lido deck, but had it changed. Would the Lido deck be better, do you think??[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about the cabin. We had everything fixed except the light that went out the last day. Figured we'd leave that for the next family to experience! haha

[quote name='gowolfpack']Don't worry about the cabin. We had everything fixed except the light that went out the last day. Figured we'd leave that for the next family to experience! haha[/QUOTE]

Thanks,gowolf. Started out on the Lido deck, but changed it to get adjoining cabins with my parents on the Verandah. Glad that it's a good deck to be on.

HI,

I'm also from Sanford, a 1987 (should have been 84) grad of NCSU, School of Forest Resources, RRA grad. LCSH grad of 1980. Carnival Cruiser, Fascination 2000.

I'm just curious who you guys are.. I'll be home from Jul 24th for 3 weeks.

I'm a cruise consultant (not plugging for business) in Barbados but born and raised in Sanford. Looking forward to your review.

e-mail [email]sunniebgi@hotmail.com[/email]

Archived