Ultimat yachting on San San vs Sanara Trimaran Cruise

jjnewboots

Has anyone taken either of these to Dunn's River Falls? What was your experience?

thanks,

JK:)

When are you cruising? We have the SanSan booked for December through RCCL (I saw your message over there too!). If we sail before you do, I'll be happy to come back here and tell you what we thought of it.:)

When are you cruising? We have the SanSan booked for December through RCCL (I saw your message over there too!). If we sail before you do, I'll be happy to come back here and tell you what we thought of it.:)

We sail 11/26/06. I think I'm leaning toward the San San unless I hear something otherwise in the next couple of days. Assuming I can still get tickets that is. Looks like I'll be able to let you know:) I can't believe I can't find anything about either excursion on here. That kind of makes me nervous.

Thanks,

JK

• 2 weeks later...

We did the San San 7 years ago. Loved it. they made homemade pina coladas all day.

We tried it again 5 years ago, no pina coladas, rum punch instead. the san san was showing her age.....

last summer we did the Sanara Trimaran. Loved it, loved it. got rum punch and beer, danced on the deck, had a great time and we are doing it again in Dec. on Mariner of the seas.

We did the San San 7 years ago. Loved it. they made homemade pina coladas all day.

We tried it again 5 years ago, no pina coladas, rum punch instead. the san san was showing her age.....

last summer we did the Sanara Trimaran. Loved it, loved it. got rum punch and beer, danced on the deck, had a great time and we are doing it again in Dec. on Mariner of the seas.

This may be a silly question, but did you feel safe on the Trimaran? From the few pictures I've seen, it appears that there aren't really seats or benches to sit on, that you just kind of balance yourself on there. Is that true? WJould you take kids on it?

• 2 months later...

We did the San San (Ultimate Yachting ...) the week of 12-16-06 on the Voyager. I was a little nervous because I could not find much about this excursion. We really enjoyed ourselves!

While the boat is showing its age, it is vert big and very clean. There were no more than 20 people on our excursion, and that boat could have held many, many more (like triple that probably). They served coffe, juice and punch on the way to our snorkel spot. We had a guide with myself, DH and our DS11. He dove down and brought up a sea cucumber and also a sea urchin, and he fed fed the fish so we could up close to some. We were extremely close to a coral reef, so we had to stay with a guide on this trip. I have to saw that we enjoyed snorkeling more in St. Thomas. We just didn't see a great variety of fish and the ones we did se were not colorful like the ones in St. Thomas.

After we were finished snorkeling, we were off to Dunn's River Falls. They served a rum punch on the way to the falls (which is maybe not too smart, but I didn't see anyone overdo it!). The falls were such a blast!! If you go, be sure to take an underwater camera. We bought the DVD too, which was delivered to guest relations before we left Jamaica.

Once we were back onboard after the falls, they broke out more alcohol (including ice cold champagne and beer) and some Jamaican music. They had a nice fresh fruit buffet also.

We do recommend this excursion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Archived