Carnival Spirit cat 7A

h2owatson

I am booked Feb 2007 in cat 7A connecting cabins 5166 and 5168. Anyone have any idea the type of view we will have. My TA was told by Carnival that if you look down you will see the "tops" of the life boats however I have seen pictures of views posted from cat 7A cabins that show more than the tops of the lifeboats. For the price I was happy to be able to have a balcony or would have had to go with interior but I am worried that I will see more of the life boat than the view!

The lifeboats come to your railing. You can still sit out and see. you wont be able to look down into the waters.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2656775870097515536lsubTD

but your cabin is located between two lifeboats-

see the guy standing--- thats a 7A where he is standing

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1387235121000485065dzyGPY

Also, keep your eye on the prices as the cruise draws nearer. My in-laws were just able to upgrade their 7A to an 8E for $50. Now they have the exact cabin they want, across the hall from ours, at considerably less cost than had they booked it right from the start. Our sailing is this December. :)

I would love to upgrade to one that is not obstructed but my TA says that we have a group rate and other discounts won't apply to us. My cruise is in February. Maybe I will wait until December and ask her. Hopefully she will keep an eye on this for us. She said that our group rate was still available and they don't usually let her keep them this long. Maybe the ship hasn't sold out yet.

you usually keep the group rate til final payment is made. Keep watching prices.. if they fall ask for a reduced rate. Just check with what the rate is comparing it to the amenities that you should receive as a group.

(our group just came down in price of almost 700. a cabin.. ( Ill take the cheaper price over the amenities thank you.) BUt I also watch prices daily.

amenities? I wasn't told of any amenities that our group was eligible for. I would rather have a cheaper rate also, I will call my TA. What sort of amenities should I be looking for?

hOW MANY CABINS? SOme amenities will include a free berth for 6 or 8 cabins dependingon the week you sail. Each cabin must have at least 2 people. (the 3rd & 4th do not count)

the more people you get booked the more amenities that you get.

You get nothing for 4 cabins. the same as if you did it alone.

Just make sure that each cabin is linked with one another so you can have dinner together.

a free berth is for a free bed--(not a free cabinb and not a free cruise- still gotta pay for the port charges and taxes.

We had our first 7A last April on the Spirit to Mexico and loved it. Same size as an 8A, but less $$. If you stand at the rail you cannot look directly down because of the lifeboat there, but you can still sit on your balcony and look out, watch the whales, drink your coffee.... oh, I miss it. Laurie

Archived