HELP - less than 2 weeks to go!!!

shermar96

DH and I will be in Nassau on 10/22 and I have a few questions!

1. We plan on visiting the Straw Market - how far is the Queen's Staircase from there? Can was walk there with no problem?

2. Cabbage Beach?? Rose Island Beach? Cable Beach? Nassau Beach Hotel? I'm so confused - yes - I have searched the beaches on here and I'm still confused.

DH and I just want to be able to do the beach thing in the afternoon, which is the closest/prettiest???

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'm stressing!

Thanks

Sherry

Sherry, I can answer your first question. It's impossible to miss the Nassau straw market. If you're up on deck as you dock, you'll see it under the large white tent/awning right along the harbour. It's a 5-minute walk from the cruise terminal building. As you come out of the building, turn to your right and follow the street that runs right along the harbour (Woodes Rogers Walk) and it will take you right there. As for the Queens Staircase, it's the opposite way. As you come out of the cruise terminal walk to the second street which is Bay Street, the main shopping street. Turn left and walk about 2 blocks to Elizabeth Avenue, then turn right and walk inland. You'll walk past Princess Margaret Hospital and then the street ends at the awesome Queen's Staircase. At the top there are some strawmarket type vendor booths too, with better prices than the main strawmarket but not as much variety. Visit the adjacent Fort Fincastle (free) for a great view of the city and cruise ships below you. Unfortunately the water tower viewing platform remains closed. BobK/Orlando

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH: Thanks for the information about the Staircase!

We're just going on a two day cruise on the Regal Empress to Nassau (Christmas Shopping) - and then staying in Ft. Lauderdale a few nights.

:( I'm somewhat dissapointed that no one has gave me any information about any beachs on here. Still have time if someone would like to help me!! PLEASE!!!

Just need a place that get some afternoon of R & R - has chairs/lounge chairs and can get our feet wet! Somewhere pretty!

vbmenu_register("postmenu_8003305", true);

If you want close and nice, try the British Colonial Hilton. We were just there and it is very clean and quiet (sounds just like what you need ;) ).

It is a short walk from the cruise piers (10 mins or so). You can get a day pass for $15 pp (you won't need to lug your towels). Go past the straw market to Senor Frogs, turn left and follow sidewalk around, you'll see the entrance on the right.

Archived