Guatamala - Amatique Bay Resort?

mousy102299

Ealier this year, we took the Amatique Bay Resort excursion with NCL. A couple of comments:

1. IF you have knee, back or mobility problems, WAIT for the large boat - it is step on, step off. The smaller boats are NOT easy to get into if you have difficulties. I decided to risk a small boat and wrenched my knee (my fault entirely I could have waited for the large boat to return). Needless to say on the way back, I made sure I got on the large boat.

2. The resort itself - nice grounds and pool. The water at the beach was not appealing at all - so we stuck with the pool - which we enjoyed.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

3. The meal served at lunch was fine (but the chicken was a little under-cooked - so to be on the safe side I skipped it). Have your ticket handy to get lunch. The desserts looked plain but were actually quite tasty.

4. There is an area were vendors are set up. There are lots of t-shirts and some nice crafts (which you can bargain for and DO bargain - I got a nice small handwoven rug for half the original asking price).

5. I think the resort would most appeal to people who want to spend a quiet day relaxing around the pool or to families with small children (there was a nice kiddy pool and a really neat pirate ship and a water slide. There were also a couple of animal displays - iguanas and turtles)

6. If you need a lot of activity or if a really nice beach and ocean swimming are a requirement - then it would NOT be a good choice.

We enjoyed our day there - but we just mainly wanted to relax.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived