Has Anyone Gone Scuba Diving At Cocoa Cay?

WONDEROACH

I'm Going On A Cruise 0ct. 23rd. And The First Stop Is Cocoa Cay Has Anybody Gone Scuba Diving There? Should I Bother Or Not? And If Anybody Is On That Cruise And Needs A Dive Buddy I'm Available I'll Be With My Family But None Are Divers.

I'm Going On A Cruise 0ct. 23rd. And The First Stop Is Cocoa Cay Has Anybody Gone Scuba Diving There? Should I Bother Or Not? And If Anybody Is On That Cruise And Needs A Dive Buddy I'm Available I'll Be With My Family But None Are Divers.

I did Cocoa Cay back in May, 2001, when I was newly certified. I thought that it was a nice little dive.

I still think that it was a nice little dive, despite the fact I've put in over 100 dives since then.

Alas, I'm afraid that it'll be a long while before I go back there. Since I live in Austin, Texas, I find that my usual salt-water dives take me to Cozumel, or are likely to take me to either Belize, the ABC islands of the Netherlands Antilles, or possibly the Caymans.

DH and I went diving there in Jan one year. First I dropped my BC pocket with 8# of lead on my big toe and it was really cloudy, (what a way to start a dive) went diving anyway and it turned out to be fantastic. we had groups upon groups of spotted eagle rays with us. The dive master said that they usually see a few but this was way more than a few, there were several families of eagle rays swimming with us.

REEF

We were there for Christmas last year and while snorkeling there, we saw a few of the Eagle Rays too. We only saw a few, but others there said they saw a bunch too. We love snorkeling at Coco Cay. I canonly imagine being able to stay down there for 1/2 hour at one time.....must be great. I would like to try it, but my sinuses might not be able to take it.

Take Care

Archived