Carnival 1 day scam..so it seems

steveaaaa

Hi cruisemom2,

This has really nothing to do with this 1 day sale topic (incidentally my target cruises have not gone up in price because of the sale and appear to be qualified, waiting to hear from my PVP too), but I have been searching and searching for someone who sailed on Glory and Victory to help me decide which to sail on next summer for my wedding cruise. We'll have 15-30 guests sailing with us, ranging from 3-70something years old. Is it ok if I ask you a few questions about them? I'm new to all of this, but have done lots of research and think we have it narrowed down to Carnival line, E. Carr. itinerary, and now we are really stuck k between these 2 ships, though am still open to other alternatives. Thanks so much and sorry to hound you down in an off topic board.

:)

I called my Carnival rep and she told me that she could offer me the "one day" pricing on tuesday--in fact, I put down a deposit for May of 2005. She told me that the sale was really only useful if I was wiling to put in an extra $100 for the "upgrade" over the TBD or run of ship which I usually use (Hey, like someone else already said, the smoothest sailing is in the BOTTOM CENTER of the boat!) SO, anyway, for MOST carnival cabins, it is a non-issue since we are talking cookie cutter here.... It's not like some of the older ships where there could be 20 to 40 sq. feet of difference in the size of the cabin!

She agreed--then mentioned that there WAS difference in the Carnival BALCONY cabins. I got a much larger balcony with an oversized balcony and sitting room for the price of the cheapest balcony...but it only made sense becasue I was so far in advance and could get the larger balcony.

Just wanting to put in a perspective.....

In the "forwhat it is worth" category, I tend to figure out what I BELIEVE a given itenerary is worth. THEN, I will watch about four or five sites to see how the INTERNET pricing goes. When--and only if--it starts to get close, I will call my rep at Carnival and see what the CRUISE LINE is offering. They have ALWAYS beat the lowest price I have given them off of Expedia, Vacations to Go, etc. ONCE I get my price point, I'll check back a time or two to see if there s any movement, but basically I decided what the cruise was worth--I'm willing to pay it...

Cotton,

I agree with what you are saying, but in checking the "one Day Sale" posts this time, everybody seems to be saying you can't get credit/upgrades on your trip with the one day sale this time. Any idea why that might be? I'm still having my TA check on it, but I'm afraid I will not be successful as some have been in the past.

This is probably because bookings are up across the cruise industry! When things are good, prices go up and refunds/credits go down!

I called yesterday, and the rep told me (after his computer shut down twice due to a power outage) that this did not apply to my 5 Dec Legend cruise. I just called Expedia. They gave me a better price, were friendlier on the phone, and I got the cabin I wanted- 4241 in the back of the ship.

stokerhj...good for you!!!!!!! I'll say it again...you can't count on anyone but yourself to get a deal!! One or two phone calls and checking on line sights is all it takes!

I'm happy you got your deal and the cabin you wanted!!

Whatever happened to booking early, I did on the Triumph 4 months ago and got balcony GTY for 699.00 per person. I think that's a more than fair price. I've kept in touch with my PVP and also on Carnival web and have seen or heard anything close to that. I've also Checked many other sites. I'm more ticked off at the airline industry as I also booked long ago and now that ticket is 95.00 P/P less than what I paid, so as you can see all travel/pleasure industry plays with pricing it's all a gamble and timing.

Angela we are sailing on the Triumph Sept. 18th western Caribbean. I booked directly through Carnival PVP ( personal Vacation Planner) Yes GTY is for a guarantee cabin. I booked Balcony GTY through PVP's advice. Told me it is a good way to get upgraded to higher deck. If not I'll still be happy with balcony upper deck. Terry

Archived