How much time needed?

KittyB

If I disembark Pride Of Aloha, maybe before noon, and don't have a flight to Kona until 6:30PM, what can I see while waiting for the Kona flight? Is there time for Pearl Harbor Memorial? Will a car rental be necessary? What do I do with luggage if I'll only need a taxi from pier to Memorial to Airport?

If I disembark Pride Of Aloha, maybe before noon, and don't have a flight to Kona until 6:30PM, what can I see while waiting for the Kona flight? Is there time for Pearl Harbor Memorial? Will a car rental be necessary? What do I do with luggage if I'll only need a taxi from pier to Memorial to Airport?

Hi, Kitty. You should have enough time - Pearl Harbor shouldn't take you more than 4-5 hours in toal. However, tickets to Pearl Harbor get distributed early in the morning (they are frequently gone by 11 am). If you can be one of the first to get off the ship, you can take a bus or cab to the memorial and be back in pleanty of time for your flight. Enjoy!

Spleen,

That's what was available when I made plane reservations. Afraid to make the flight too early to Kona, for fear that I wouldn't get off the ship in time to catch plane to Kona, so after about noon, the only flight available was at 6:30PM. I am definitely an amateur at this!

If you have tickets on Hawaiian or Aloha, you might be able to get on an earlier flight if you just show up. They're both very good about allowing you to change flights if they have space - sometimes standby. May not be what you want to do right after coming off the cruise ship but it would definitely get you going on your post-cruise trip to get to Kauai earlier!

Otherwise, rent a car, stuff your luggage in the trunk, carry valuables with you, and go tour Oahu. :)

Spleen

Archived