best and worst balcony on Glory

balconyboy

I was on the Glory in Oct 2005. We had a balcony mid ship on the Upper Deck and had no problems. We met some people that were 5 rooms down from us that heard the disco until the wee hours every night. I would check the floor plan and make sure you are not above the clubs. At mid ship, I think our room was 6180(but not sure), we heard nothing.

By the way, you will love the Glory. Beautiful ship. Only difficulty was remembering how to get to the dinning room. The Glory was our first Carnival Cruise and we have our third Carnival Cruise booked for 2/11/07.

Have a blast,

Mike & Laurie

Norwegian Star October 2003 Hawaii

Carnival Glory October 2005 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Triumph May 2006 Western Caribbean

Carnival Miracle February 2007 Western Caribbean 122 days & counting...

I LOVED my balcony on the Panorama Deck (Deck 10)!

If you take a look at the deck plans you can see why this is a great area...

- close to all the Lido Deck activities (food, fun, sun etc)

- shorter cabin area so less people and less foot traffic

- cabin deck above and below

The Glory is a wonderful ship! ENJOY!

LizaMM,

Which cabin were you in? We are booked up there for next June! I have heard good and bad about the panorama deck.

I was in 1042. I really found this to be a great location!

I am pretty happy with almost anywhere on the ship. I booked the Panorama Deck with a Resident Rate Special that gave me the opportunity to pay for an 8A and upgrade to any deck level.

When I select a cabin (i have booked Gty's as well) I pick an area that is sandwiched between cabins above and below and I also try to be either aft of the last elevator bank or fwd of the last elevator bank as I think this reduces foot traffic/noise through the hallways although on one cruise (not the Glory)this made no difference as the family with several cabins around me had no problem standing in the hallway and calling loudly down and across etc to each other at 6:00AM.

6218 on the Glory was nice....we were far enough forward of the theater that we never got any noise..... we were worried about being so far forward on the ship but even with rough seas we were fine. Not much hall traffic that far up either so that was nice and quiet- we were also right at the "secret door" and went out there often to enjoy being alone.

We had Lido deck balconys on our recent glory cruise and loved them...Close to all the action, and there were no noise issues for us...I cruised with my Father who went to bed early the night of the very loud deck party, and the next day he said he heard nothing..

Thanks for the info LizaMM!

We have only been on one other cruise - last May on the Triumph and had cabin 8315. It was great! Loved having a balcony and will probably never cruise without one.

Question: I have read where some people experience some seasickness on the top decks. I was just the opposite. When I was down in the dining room or sitting in the showroom I could feel motion - my dh kept saying I was crazy - he couldn't feel a thing! I was very sensitive to the motion but it really didn't make me sick. Does anyone else experience this? I never noticed anything at all in our cabin or up on the Lido.

Thanks for the info LizaMM!

We have only been on one other cruise - last May on the Triumph and had cabin 8315. It was great! Loved having a balcony and will probably never cruise without one.

Question: I have read where some people experience some seasickness on the top decks. I was just the opposite. When I was down in the dining room or sitting in the showroom I could feel motion - my dh kept saying I was crazy - he couldn't feel a thing! I was very sensitive to the motion but it really didn't make me sick. Does anyone else experience this? I never noticed anything at all in our cabin or up on the Lido.

Hi, I had wraparound cabin 8448 on the Veranda deck. All I can say is that it was awesome. The cabin had 2 twin beds and no couch. The balcony was about 5 feet long aft, about 15 feet long on the angle and about 10 feet long on the port side. Attached is a picture of the balcony on the Conquest (topmost balcony before the Lido deck)

Hi Patti, I sent you an email, did you get it?

Rockie

8448Balcony.jpg.fec15b90e982f2d08e0896c1987c24d7.jpg