Carnival LEGEND... good choice??

herb

We've always been pleased on our Carnival Cruises and have decided to sail on the Carnival Legend out of NYC to San Juan, St. Thomas, and Tortola.

Looking forward to hearing from those who have sailed on Carnival LEGEND. :)

Hi herb! :) We were on the Legend in April just before she repositioned to New York. She's a lovely ship and I can't say enough good things about her. Lots of room, great service, food as good or better than other ships of the line. You don't say when you're sailing, but at the time of year we sailed there were no problems with unruly kids or grumpy adults. All in all, a very pleasant cruise and one we wouldn't mind doing again. My bet is Jamman will tell you the same. ;)

Just got off of the Carnival Legend on 7/10 to the same ports you mentioned. I have a review posted on the board somewhere "Legend 7/2/04" if you want more detail.

But basically, I enjoyed it. Loved the ports and sea days, nice combo. And the ship was very nice.

Beth

We sailed the Legend last summer (same route) out of NYC and loved it. Loved the convenience of crusing from a port close to home. It was our second time in San Juan -- and we got there mid afternoon so it is hard to do much (unless you drink). St. Thomas is always a great stop and we enjoyed the beach in Tortola. We snorkeled in St. Thomas and then shopped. Good day.

You will enjoy the Legend -- she's a beautiful ship. I personally, prefer the Spirit class of ship. Enjoy!

Hi!! I sailed on the Legend out of NY last October - to this date that has been my one and only cruise but guess what?? I am sailing on the Legend again Oct 22 for a cruise to nowhere - I cant' wait to get back on the Legend! I had an excellent first cruise - nothing at all to complain about - just that we had to get off the ship!!! We did Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas which was great!!! In Tortola - do not go to Brewer's Bay unless you like to be on the beach with cows and chickens!! LOL!! We also did the supper club which you can't beat for the price!!! Have a great time!!!

Terri

I sure do hope it's a good choice since we are booked on it for our next two cruises!!!!!!! I just hope it compares to the Miracle because that was a fantastic ship!

Like I said - this has been the only ship I have been on so I cannot compare but I had great time!!!!!

I hope I made a good choice. We will be sailing Nov. 27th out of Ft. Lauderdale. I wish it were Thanksgiving already so we could be leaving tomorrow! I've read lots of reviews and seems almost everyone loves this ship. I've also been on Paradise (1st year it sailed--loved the no smoking) and loved the Spirit to Alaska. We will go back there next time I think. To discover the other part we missed....I want to hear ALL reviews of the Legend. Happy sailing....

We loved the Legend. We booked it for our first ever cruise and February and have booked it again for our next one in January. It is a great ship and I am sure you will love it also.

Here is a link to our review if you are interested (it is on the old boards and didn't make it across to the new)

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=2551005&f=069097554

• 2 weeks later...

We found the Legend to be a wonderful vacation home....we had the extended bal on Panorama Deck.....service, food, everything was great and very 1st class....the supper club was fantastic.....great singing duo that entertained with the best steaks around.....the presentation was over the top......the only down side over the entire trip is the lack of access'ble seating for a wheelchair in the showroom.....they really goof'd on that one....but have been on the legend twice and will go again.....it's a great ship......

This ship was our absolute favorite! We cruised on the Legend in March of 2003. By far the greatest ship yet. The staff was great and our cabin steward was the BEST! She always made a point to go out of her way to say hello, whether it was in the cabin hallways or when she was serving drinks at the captain's cocktail party. You should have a great time. We hope to return to the Legend soon!

Archived