Definitive answer re: shows on Rhapsody?

clueless

We are sailing this weekend (can't wait!). Booked second seating but now am confused. Are there ALWAYS two shows-one after first seating and one after second seating? If not, how many nights is there only one show? Don't want to finish dinner @ 10 and have "nothing to do" since we will not disco or gamble. Anyone back from recent Rhapsody with the Ocho Rios itin. who can provide definitive answer?

Me, me!!! I can.. just there on a week ago!

We too had second seating. On a couple nights, they do only have one show which started at 10:15 p.m. (We typically didn't make that one because we were still at dinner) The other nights, they offer two shows, but not how you think...here's the scoop...

From the cruise compass day three:

Dinner main seating - 6:00 p.m. Show: (with Gary Mule Deer who was super funny) was at 9:00 p.m. (Dinner really did take 2 1/2 to 3 hours, fyi)

Second seating: dinner: 8:30 p.m. Show: 7:00 p.m. The show is first before dinner on second seating.

Let me know if you want to know anything else. I've got the cruise compasses out!

D :)

Thanks! I am so glad I asked! This is not what I expected at all. What did you do after dinner? I don't want to go to bed on a stuffed stomach - already fighting the battle of the bulge. Would you have preferred the early seating?

We met with our M&M friends and or table mates and went dancing, karokee, strolled on the deck, went to Viking Crown Lounge (that was a bit noisy for me), went to the Shall We Dance lounge for dancing where I danced my very first two-step! My favorite thing... walking the decks. There are photographers as well... so much to do:

Here's the evening line up from the cruise compass day 6: (since you have late seating, I'll just put the stuff after 10... ok? but if you want the schedule for earlier, just let me know...

10:00 digital camera demonstration, portraits, Romantic hour dancing at the VCL, Win a cruise bingo (yes, really) This night they had one show for all guests which began at 10:30, latin and request hour at 11:00 p.m at the VCL, followed by night club dancing...

Music and dancing: Champagne terrace, Caribbean music till midnight, which also played dance music. Pianos were played at the Schooner Bar, guitar melodies at the schooner bar (but that's during your dinner), etc. I would highly recommend Derrick Lewis in the Schooner Bar from 9:45 to 12:45... He picks members from the audiance for Kamakazee Karoke. Great time. I have many memories and a CD of DS (age 18) signing "I'm Too Sexy"

I was thrilled with late dining.. it's a matter of preference, but I never once felt too rushed to get ready for dinner particuarly after our excursions. It's up to you. There is so much to do after second seating. I was never bored and never made it back to our cabin before 1:30 a.m. LOL

Have a great cruise. I wish I was still there. What deck are you on?

Well, maybe I'm not such an old fuddy duddy after all. Sounds like there is plenty to do to keep me out of bed. We're on deck 8 in a JS. Haven't been on RCI in many years, looking forward to returning to the first cruise line my husband and I ever sailed together.

Archived