Whiners and Misers

QM2FirstTimers

Karie,

We are not members of a PH club, but we do enjoy many of the festivities at the Erie, PA club. They have a wonderful Key West Phest every summer. We see JB every year in Pittsburgh, and then try to spot him in February in Key West. He was there this past February, finishing the new album.

As for the new album (do you still call them that?), after listening for a week or so, I believe my fave is "Reggaebilly Hill". Jimmy said he wrote it to honor the roots of reggae in Jamaica. Interesting story that the root of reggae is actually American country & western music. Many years ago, some of the only radio stations that could reach Jamaica were the really strong AM country & western stations from the US. The Jamaicans re-interpreted this music and reggae was born.

Thanks for the mojito tips - enjoy your PH phlocking.

Thanks OPSM, I have considered the KeyWestPhest a few times. Especially I think PM band was there year before last. I live out in the countryside and am taking this week off to prepare for KW (and the balcony decorating contest- Gravity Storm is our theme) So I am not near any place that sells CDs. However, I have to go out for a doc's appt today, and shall stop and pick it up.

Enjoy your cruise, and BTW, Mint grows like weeds, and will thrive even in northern atmospheres. We used to grow it in our backyard in Endwell (Near Binghamton) New York, and we would have to thin it every so often. Also great crushed (slightly to release the oils, which have the flavor) in iced tea. I usually eat the leaves after they've soaked in the rum, too! <G>

Karie,

who had too many mojitos (fresh made by Marc, my Cabana boy) last night! (two is enough the way he makes them in a pint glass!)

QM2 is a beautifull ship but make no mistake unless you are in the grill cat it is a mass market ship and years ago the qe2 was very special no matter which dining room you were in and i think this is the cause for complaining.

As 90% of the ship is open to all passengers this means that the bulk of it is "mass market"? So unless the Grill passengers spend the voyage in their 10% they also endure a mass market experience.

Times have changed and without attracting those people who, in the past could not have dreamed of sailing on an ocean liner the ship would never have been built.

Please newcomers don't be put off by these comments. Book the grade you feel most comfortable with, then come back and tell us if YOU think it was mass market.

David.

Archived