Shore Excursion Suggestions

tbone0314

My wife and I just returned from the Carnival Miracle and we booked Zip Lining and Cave Tubing with Nacho and Cynthia (www.ncqadventuretours.com) after numerous recommendations from this board.

We were exceptionally pleased. Of our four ports and excursions, this was our favorite (as well as our most expensive).

This excursion took our whole time in Belize, so there was no time for shopping if that is what you are into. However, ziplining through the rain forest was fantastic!

You take about an hour drive to the rain forest, professionals suit you up with all the gear, and then you are guided through a series of 8 or 9 platforms where you zip along to the next one! Like Tarzan! (they even encourage you to yell )

Very safe, very professional, and very fun!

Then you take a 20-30 minute hike further into the rainforest where you tube down a river and through two really old caves. Fascinating if you like history or mayans or just dig caves.

There are several companies that offer these tours, and I can only speak for the outfit we chose, but I imagine the differences arent huge, as they use the same river and same platforms :)

Several little things made it a great experience for us:

1) prompt email responses to inquiries, and exceptional detail regarding where to go at the port.

2) Family atmosphere, Nacho and Cynthia are exceptionally kind and compassionate, they made us feel like family.

3) Tons of local knowledge. We felt like we were on the discovery channel with as much as we learned from our guides.

4) Great lunch provided! They take you to a resort at the end and give you good food! Trust me, you will be starving!

So, that is one of many options in Belize, I have also heard great things about the zoo!

So do your research on these boards and have a great time!

Archived