Anyone know if 'The Boys' are still on the Golden?

remydiva

Hi: I was on the Star in March 06, the week pre-fire and met 'The Boys' (dining room staff). There was a poster here who knew them and kept in touch with them via email. Of course, I've forgotten the poster's name.

Are you out there and do you know if they're still on the Golden as they had originally planned to be this fall? They treated myself and dd wonderfully and dd is taking a cruise over Xmas on the Golden so wondered if she might run into them. Pietro was the maitre d' and he was a riot and worked with them.

Anyone?

Hi: I was on the Star in March 06, the week pre-fire and met 'The Boys' (dining room staff). There was a poster here who knew them and kept in touch with them via email. Of course, I've forgotten the poster's name.

Are you out there and do you know if they're still on the Golden as they had originally planned to be this fall? They treated myself and dd wonderfully and dd is taking a cruise over Xmas on the Golden so wondered if she might run into them. Pietro was the maitre d' and he was a riot and worked with them.

Anyone?

remydiva,

Hi, I think you're looking for sunprincess. But I do know Douw is on vacation now (just sailed with him last month on the Star). Sunprincess does check in here so hopefully she'll see your post but I'll send her an email and ask. ;)

Anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Remy,

Yes, many of "the Boys" from the Star Princess Dining Room Staff are now on the Golden. They are going over based on their contract renewal dates basically. By Christmas many more shall be Golden.

Mario Propato is now the Maitre D on the Golden. I am pretty sure that Pietro is there with him too. Most of the Head Waiters are returning to remain with Team Propato. I can confirm details for you.

Douw is currently home on vacation. But, he & Mihai will NOT be joining the Golden, they are back to the Star:(

In the near future Francois Ferat will join the Star as Maitre D.

I will be on the Golden in February doing the Cape Horn/Strait of Magellan cruise. Looking forward to that.

This week - in 3 more days - I am Crown Bound - cannot wait to see the "G-Men";) (Generoso & Godwin).

Hope you enjoy your Christmas Cruise. One of these days I plan to escape & do that too.

Take Care

Cathy

Boy does this internet thing ever work quickly! I ask a question, go to bed and when I wake up..voila! The answer.

Yes, it was sunprincess I was thinking of so thank you crusdiva (are we related? both divas!) for emailing her. Sad that Mihai and Douw will NOT be on the Golden with the rest :(. But no doubt Pietro will have the rest of the gang 'misbehaving' and causing him to scowl as usual!

Sadly it's not ME going on the December cruise...its DD and her BF (I may have created a travelling diva!) as this is her third cruise in a year and BF's first so I'm anxious for them to have a great time. I can't imagine spending New Year's at sea with Princess anything but fabulous so I'm sure it will be a great time for them both.

Happy cruise to you sunprincess *green with envy* (even tho I just got off the Diamond 3 wks ago...I'm ready to go again)

Archived