Crane's Beach Looks Awesome, But Is There A Gorgeous Beach Where It Is Safe To Swim?

melodyrg

Any comparison to Santorini, has me there, but my husband & I love to be able to swim at the beach.

Are there any suggestions for a magnificent beach where it is safe to swim, with services available like: chairs, umbrellas, food, drinks, etc., and maybe even a pool for a dip?

Thanks a lot, we appreciate any help.

Melody & Fred:cool:

Have a taxi driver take you to Mullins Beach. There is a great restaurant there - Mannie's Suga Suga where you can get food and drinks. Beach chairs are available for rental. The water is fantastic and very swimmable. Another nice beach would be the one at Sandy Lane. A taxi driver could drop you off at the public access for that beach (it's a short walk to the right when you get on the beach).

Either would make for a great few hours.

Lois

Would love to know more about Mullins. How much is the taxi ride from the pier? Cost of chair rental? A lot of people have posted positives about the boatyard. I know Mullins is further from the pier, would it be a better option than a day at the boatyard?

At Sandy Lane Beach would need to use the public access to it. There may be a vendor selling chairs (not sure). You cannot use the chairs for the Sandy Lane guests.

Mullins Beach is a good 20-25 min. ride from the ship, so it may cost about $20 US (not totally sure). Chair rental is usually $5 US. It's a nice, calm, West Coast beach if you want to experience that. You might enjoy riding up the West Coast just to know what it's like.

The Boatyard is very lively and crowded, but it's on a nice South Coast beach -- Carlisle Bay.

Lois

We went to Boatyard beach last December and loved it! Sure it does get crowded but we arrived early when it was deserted and the sand and water was just superb!! Close to bridgetown too- so not too pricey in a cab! We will be going back in December!

Archived