What would you do?

bubbles1209

Booked our Liberty cruise not too long ago. We have only made the deposit, payoff isn't until Nov. 28th. We wanted to get the package from Carnival that includes the round-trip flight, with a pre-night hotel stay and transfers, but have not been able to book it because the 2007 hotel packages had not opened up yet. Called today, the hotel packages are open, but for only 2, 3, & 4 day stays in Lauderdale, where we are sailing from..:mad: Now, when the trip was booked, the girl had messed up and put us down for flying in the day of the cruise, I found this out when I had called back to see about the hotels. We weren't /aren't comfortable with flying in the day of the cruise, and now there are no pre-night hotel packages. Soooo, because the girl that booked our cruise put us down for flying in the day of the cruise, we have to pay :eek: $100pp to change the flight (deviate) a day earlier. Any help from you guys? I'm not sure how to go about this, take the chance of flying in the day of and pray we aren't delayed, and spend no more money, or poke around the internet for some hotel prices plus pay $200 to have the flight deviated for the day earlier and pay for a hotel for 2. This is getting pretty pricey here. Any advice?:(

If the cruise and the air connections are not what you wanted and you have not made the final payment, it costs you nothing to cancel the booking. Before you do make sure that your type of cabin you wnat is still available. I've found this wouldbe a great time to talk to a Travel Agent...In person...Tell them what you want and let them guide you through the cancellation/rebooking process.

Hope that helped

I'm a little confused....how come you did not get a invoice after you made your deposit. That's when you could have seen the mix up sooner.
We did get the invoice, that's when we realized the flight dates were wrong. We were waiting for the hotel packages to open up before we changed it. When they did open up, I was told that Fort Lauderdale only had 2, 3, & 4 day hotel packages available, and no 1 night pre-stays. I just called Carnival again, asked for a pvp supervisor, got an assistant pvp supervisor, and it turns out there is a pre-night hotel stay package with transfers available in Fort Lauderdale. I snatched it right up, and got the flight dates correct. We are all fixed up.:D

We did get the invoice, that's when we realized the flight dates were wrong. We were waiting for the hotel packages to open up before we changed it. When they did open up, I was told that Fort Lauderdale only had 2, 3, & 4 day hotel packages available, and no 1 night pre-stays. I just called Carnival again, asked for a pvp supervisor, got an assistant pvp supervisor, and it turns out there is a pre-night hotel stay package with transfers available in Fort Lauderdale. I snatched it right up, and got the flight dates correct. We are all fixed up.:D

Good for you! Seems things tend to always work out. Hope you have fun on the Liberty. We were on her earlier this year and had a blast.

personally I'd cancel the air part and book the air yourself. It'll probably be cheaper, you get to pick the flights you want without paying deviation, and you can book whatever hotel you want, probably saving money there as well.

Bill

On most weekends you would be right, but I happen to be sailing the same weekend she is. Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, the ones that have available rooms, are currently running in the $200 to $300 range, and airfares are high as well - due to the Superbowl.

On most weekends you would be right, but I happen to be sailing the same weekend she is. Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, the ones that have available rooms, are currently running in the $200 to $300 range, and airfares are high as well - due to the Superbowl.
I looked at the room rate at the FLL Grand Hotel, and they wanted $279 pp for 1 night. We booked through CCL, and got the pre-night and transfers pre & post trip on the transfers for $382 for both of us (191pp). I think we got a good deal.:)

GULP! that might have some bearing on the weekend in question!:eek:

Bill

GULP! that might have some bearing on the weekend in question!:eek:

Bill

Yeah, I managed to catch an internet rate of $31 for my room at the Sheraton Yankee but that was 6 months ago, in the middle of the night. It was gone the next morning. The same hotel is now running in the $250 to $300 range. I'm flying on an American Airlines voucher otherwise cruise air would be less expensive for me as well.

Archived