Belize Cave Tubing.....How do you keep your things dry?

Mollyfrise

I was wondering how you protect your wallets, etc.? Do they provide something to put them in?

You should not bring a wallet. All you need to bring off the ship is S&S card, photo ID, some cash and a credit card (optional). A zip-lock sandwich bag works fine for keeping these dry. Better watertight billfolds are available in stores.

I would buy a disposible camera designed for use in or under water. If it is lost or destroyed you are only out a few bucks. You can leave other things in their locked bus/van to stay dry while tubing. Don't bring valuables you don't need. Theft is possible but losing them accidentaly is common. If you don't need it for your day in Belize, leave it on the boat.

We too are planning the Belize cave-tubing excursion and so I just ordered and received a couple of the "beach safe's" from Cruise Critic.

http://cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26

I think it will be a great little holder for our passports and credit cards while we are on the islands.

Does Target or Wal-Mart carry these?

We too are planning the Belize cave-tubing excursion and so I just ordered and received a couple of the "beach safe's" from Cruise Critic.

http://cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26

I think it will be a great little holder for our passports and credit cards while we are on the islands.

Does Target or Wal-Mart carry these?

I tried to find some here in our stores but we don't have a lot of water sports around here so no one carried them. Possibly a fishing or sporting goods store would carry them. It has a rubber seal and so I think they will work really well!

Various cave tubing tour operators stop at different restaurants just outside the national park where the caves are. They then use a park shuttle to enter the park, where lockers ($3) and swimming shoes ($3) are available for rental.

We used the lockers with no problem.

If you bring your passport, leave it in the bus/van. It's chances of surviving the river and still being accepted by USA Customs/Imigration is a risky proposition at best.

A better idea is to bring a photocopy of the picture page of your passport and leave the document itself in your cabin safe. Bring a DL or other picture ID ashore to re-enter the tender terminal in Belize City.

We did cave tubing with cave-tubing.com in August. We left most things on the bus and I had a waterproof bag for my camera (got it at AAA). There were no lockers where we went but we all trusted Sonny who stayed with the bus (he was our bus driver).

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

We just returned from a cruise to the Bahamas and used the "beach safe" while snorkeling and it worked well. We put our drivers' licenses, ship cards, and cash inside a sandwich-sized ziploc bag for extra protection, then put that in the beach safe. My DH had it in his pocket the whole time we were snorkeling and everything was dry at the end of the day. The ziploc did help as there were a few drops of water on the outside of the ziploc.

Good luck and have a great time.

Archived