DAWN - Is there tables for 12 available??

4merlurker

Are tables for 12 available all the time in the dining rooms? We are 4 adults & 7 kids (I know 11 :rolleyes: ) and I'd like to know if we'll have to wait and if so about how long or if we would be better off calling in a reservation earlier in the day?

I realize the specialty restaurants REQUIRE advance ressies.

~Connie

There aren't any tables that large in any restaurant. :(

I would recommend reserving two adjacent tables for the nights you wish to dine together. Looking at the Dawn's deck plans, I see ? tables that can sit 8 at: Impressions > 10 tables, Aqua > 5 tables, Venetian > 0 tables.

Your best bet will be for Impressions. Good luck and have a great cruise. :)

There aren't any tables that large in any restaurant. :(

I would recommend reserving two adjacent tables for the nights you wish to dine together. Looking at the Dawn's deck plans, I see ? tables that can sit 8 at: Impressions > 10 tables, Aqua > 5 tables, Venetian > 0 tables.

Your best bet will be for Impressions. Good luck and have a great cruise. :)

Thanks for the info Electricron. On our last cruise we sat all the adults at one table and the kids at an adjacent table. Think they'll let us do that on the Dawn?? Kids ages are 9-16 and they're all "pretty well" behaved. :rolleyes:

~Connie

Hi Connie,

I've seen a few very large tables on the Dawn in Venetian and have requested one of the tables for 12 for dinner with CC friends. One time they sat us at "the Captain's table" with the flowers (sans captain;)). Stop by and talk to the maitre d' at lunchtime and he/she can probably work something out for you for dinner.

Funny, I've never really seen huge tables in Impressions, but they may be there.

If not, you can revert to Plan B.

We've done the same on other ships like the Spirit - they reconfigured a couple of tables to accommodate us. Best done in advance. They may, however, offer you early or late times (like 5:30 or 8:00) as that's usually the case when making a rsvn in the main DR.

Especially recommend rsvns for optional formal night, especially with a group your size.

Have a blast. We love the Dawn and hope you will, too.:D

I was on the Dawn in June with a group of 11. Let me give you some notes:

1.) They will take large group reservations in the main dining room. (parties of 8 or more I believe) But they will only take group reservations for the times of 5:30, 5:45, 6:00 or 8:30 or later. Not during the prime dining hours of 6:15-8:15. During that time you have to take your chances with the masses.

2.) There is one table large enough for 12 in Venetian, but it books quickly.

3.) In Aqua, they can pull tables along the walls (with booth seats on one side) together to make 12's.

4.) Impressions has no tables larger than 8, but they will seat you at two adjacent six tops. (Impressions had the best service of the main dining rooms in my opinion.)

5.) They can also split you at two adjacent tables in Venetian. It actually helps dinner go quicker if you have two different waiters.

6.) We had to be split up in both LaTrattatoria and Cagney's because they did not have 12 tops. (10 is their largest) We did not eat as a large group in the other specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone! I hope they can accomodate us. This freestyly thing sounds GREAT for small parties but I hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare for us. :eek:

What am I saying???? It's gonna be AWESOME! We'll be on a cruise!!!

~Connie

If you all try to eat at the same time in the same restaurant it could turn into a nightmare and you would lose all the value of freestyle. If I were in your shoes I would plan and make reservations for perhaps 3 nights of diner for 11.

Some nights some of the kids may want to eat early and go to kids club, some nights getting back late from port they may just want to grab something in the buffet.

Herding cats (11 people) and getting them to the same place at the same time every night could be the nightmare you fear. If you just want to walk up and expect a table for 12 you will wait perhaps a looooong time especially at peak hours. Be flexible take two tables, eat a different times and places. Have a ball.

Hi 4merlurker,

I just say your post and we are traveling on the Dawn on November 5th also! This is my first post on the boards but I have been lurking for a long time. We have a group of 13 traveling so thanks for the question!!!

Archived