Being Hooked Together??

pwillmo

We are booked with a company that hooks you together.. My husband is not sure about that. Comfort, legs etc.. If you have booked with this company let me know how you felt about being hooked instead of free floating..

thanks,

Paula

I think that most companies do have you hook or link together for cave tubing. It makes it easier on the guide to be in charge of a chain of people instead of everyone floating everywhere.

They know the river very well and there are spots that people need to be guided to keep from bumping into things, catching too much current, etc.

That said....linking together really isn't all that bad. You simply slide you feet and ankles under the arms of the person in front of you. Since you are sitting butt down in the tube, you are already in a comfortable position for this and I honestly didn't really notice the person's feet there.

Here's a pic from our adventure last December.

cavetubing.jpg

We are booked with a company that hooks you together.. My husband is not sure about that. Comfort, legs etc.. If you have booked with this company let me know how you felt about being hooked instead of free floating..

thanks,

Paula

I just got back from cave tubing and did NOT see any other groups hooked together except cave-tubing.com. My opinion, I did not like being hooked together. I would have preferred being able to go at my own pace. If I did it again I would choose another group because of that reason alone.

Mazda, did you use *******.com??? I would really like to know if you were uncomfortable during the ride?? Were the guides not good??

We are booked with ******.com but have reservations about being hooked together.

As far as I know there is only one site that hooks you together so I'm sure its the same one we used. I can't say I was uncomfortable during the ride but just did not like my feet under some strangers armpits the whole time. I wanted to be able to go at my own pace. The guides were good, no issues with that or any of the guys. If you want to email me I can give you more info on whom it is kamutschelknaus@mmm.com. Or answer any other questions.. Kay

Archived