So, how many bloated people does it take to ...

wendykbr

make disney fix the water issues?;)

did you bloat from the salty water? I really want to know.

and does brown water make your hair softer at least? :rolleyes:

or make super white pasty people (me) look tan?:rolleyes:

anything good come from the brown salty water?:eek:

Great questions???

we have only ran across the "Brown water" once!!

But others have had all of the above mentioned problems.

I say write DCL and tell them what happened and how you feel about it.

If there is a problem( and there is) and we dont tell them how we feel, it will go unifxed for the most part.

I am currently complaining to them because they are taking the live bands off the Wonder and only having a DJ. Plus the quality of the bands have been pretty bad lately, for the most part.

here is an address where you can write them about complaints or compliments.

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

Have fun and let'em have it!!!!

You'll feel much better;)

mom x4,grandma x4

hey momx4, grandmax4! (wendygirl from DIS here)

i have already read your DISboard post and have sent several emails!! ... reply from disney was very standard though - so i included my phone # in the next one!

i have not experienced the brown water or salty water (cruising 11/4) our 2005 trip was perfect! I was simply making a joke (some on DIS did not get the joke part though) and wanting to know just how many had really encountered these problems. I drink lots of water and like to bath in clear water; so it concerns me.

i have fully enjoy everyone of your posts, your wonderfully helpful attitude helped me come out of lurking! Thank you!

Hi Wendy,

I figured by the way you wrote the letter if was with a fun intent. But I also knew this had happened to alot of people, so I added the address just in case someone wanted to write.

I saw your post on the other board too!!

I am glad you have enjoyed some of my posts.

I seem to of struck a touchy area with my "Entertainment on the Wonder" post. I had over 4000 hits so far. I posted on 4 boards and everyone had some great people write to DCL.

I wish I could be there in DCL's office to see what they are saying about ll of this.

It's not just the music, but DCL has been cutting corners alot the past 2 years and the price keeps gong up. People are pretty upset about it, me included.

But I still love DCL and have 3 more cruises booked. But it makes me really sad to think that if they keep cutting back things that I iwll cancel the 07 cruises and try some other line. I DO NOT want to do this, but I am tired of them taking away things that we are paying for.

I figue if they take away the live music on the Wonder, it wont be long before they do it on the Magic too, unless we let them know how we feel.

I am trying!!!

So glad you have come out of lurking!! We need everyone to post about everything to keep us busy and up on all the cruising news we can find!!

Hope to see your name "more" on the boards!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

you are so right momx4, grandmax4

i hope disney realizes that we are "complaining" because we love them and don't want to "be forced" the find another cruiseline.

it makes me sad to even have to consider it ... :(

"see" ya and keep up the good work!

P.S. I sent an email this morning .... its subject ::::wishing upon a star::::

please let there be steele drums on the 11/4/06 7-day western ......

please let there be steele drums on the 11/4/06 7-day western ......

over and over and over .... live music makes the carribbean come alive! ;)

I want the steel drum music on the 7 day Eastern on 11/25 too!

Please give me a post when you get back and let me know how it goes on your cruise!!

So far all the things being taken away are on the Wonder.

However on the Magic they have fired the duos and said the house band is going to break down and do all the music around the ship.

But they didnt mention the steel band in the letter. so we will hope they are still with us.

I think it is a mistake putting band members in the promenade lounge on the magic. They will be getting burned out!!!

Plus the style of music in there is more old time rock usually performed by middle aged performers. That is nice for us grand parents ( who pay for the cruises for the family) to have a little quieter style of music before and after dinner. They did alot of Jimmy Buffet, Bob Seiger, Eagles and such. They were very friendly and talked in a manor we could relate too.

Then we are off to the loud music in the clubs!!!

Loved Don and Tommie in the Promenade lounge on the Wonder, but they replaced them and others with a more lively , younger performers.

I think that is going to be a mistake too, but time will tell.

I still want the live house band back!!!!

Thanks for sending your letter today,

mom x4,grandma x4

I will be waiting for your report!! Be sure and fill out the comment card at the end of your cruise that they give you.

If it doesnt have enough room to write what you want to say, use the stationary in the drawer and drop it in the comment box too!!!

I'm sure you'll have a magical cruise no matter what!!!:rolleyes:

Kathy

Look on the bright side, "A full day's supply of iron with every glass".

I don't remember the water being a problem. Normally, water made with a flash evaporator is very pure. It's pure enough for use in a boiler and that's a LOT more pure than necessary for human consumption. Also, water that pure tastes flat and doesn't seem to quench your thirst. That's why drinking water usually has a few minerals in it, to make it taste better.

Look on the bright side, "A full day's supply of iron with every glass".

I don't remember the water being a problem. Normally, water made with a flash evaporator is very pure. It's pure enough for use in a boiler and that's a LOT more pure than necessary for human consumption. Also, water that pure tastes flat and doesn't seem to quench your thirst. That's why drinking water usually has a few minerals in it, to make it taste better.

thanks Host Mick! i just love learning new things!

I think more than the taste (we have some BAD water in Texas sometimes) i have a problem with the look/color - it seems to have only been a problem on september cruises (from what i have seen posted) maybe the problem is fixed!

but either way it will not ruin our cruise!!! :)

Archived